okay, so i sing/play rhythm guitar in my band, and i need help with how to give my vioce that "presence" that makes so many great bands great. not really make it deeper or higher, just more powerful. i want to stay far, far away from punk sounds, cause punk music is the cause of all that sucks. please help!
What kind of voice are we working with here, for starters?
Squeaky? Monotone? etc?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
What music are we working for? Anyway try and get your voice deep and operatic, that can sound awesome. Otherwise, don't fret it, theres plenty of bands like Snow Patrol and Bloc Party where the lack of presence makes the vocals awesome.
well, i have okay range, so i guess i could try making that wider, but have you ever heard that song "Begin Again" by Shinedown or "Piano Song" by Sumbersed? very good range and control, but they have a certain oomph to their voices that make you go, "damn..."
Quote by singer_johnny90
okay, so i sing/play rhythm guitar in my band, and i need help with how to give my vioce that "presence" that makes so many great bands great. not really make it deeper or higher, just more powerful. i want to stay far, far away from punk sounds, cause punk music is the cause of all that sucks. please help!

How about you just go like, open your mind?

LEIK OMG THT WUD B AWSUM!
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

just sing from your diaphragm, if you sing from your throat you'll sound like shit
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Open your lungs more - practice cardiovascular stuff. Will help a LOT.
My name is Marc! Silly username.