Is it a must that you must radius a fretboard, or can you leave it straight, using sandpaper which will round off the edges of it, making it straight and blend in with the neck wood?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
do you have to? no. the guitar will still be a guitar

will it make it much much easier to play if you do? yes
chords will be horrible if you don't.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Classical guitars use flat fretboards and classical players seem to do just fine. No you don't HAVE to radius the fretboard but it does help.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by james4
If i understand what you mean, then I'm pretty sure you don't

that is in reference to their 'compound radius' style of necks. instead of having a guitar with higher radius on highers frets. and lower radius on lower frets. you'd have one with the same radius all over the neck (as most guitars do) you cannot get a flat radius neck from warmoth.

no radius has some advanteges too.

like, lower action is possible, easier to bend strings, its easier to set up bridges and stuff.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
if you play a lot of single notes quickly and bend a bunch id give it a radius like 14" and up. if you are mostly playing chords then 12" down would be good.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I don't see why you wouldnt. 4" radius sanding blocks are only 10 dollars on Stew Mac, so its not going to break the bank to get one.

Or there is something on Project Guitar to make your own radius blocks if you can't spend 10 dollars.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build