Page 1 of 4
is carrying around a guitar without knowing how to play! You see them everywhere! They dont even practice or anything they just think it makes them cool...wtf. Anything like this at your schools?
That's not so bad.

At my school they flash the shocker all the time.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by Twist of fate
Lol noobs who think theyre good at guitar just because possibly they play guitar hero

I like guitar hero!

On topic, it'll die down, and people will realize those foo's ain't no how to play.
Not quite. But, I see a few friends of mine who just started playing bring theirs in kind of often. By the way, I'm referring to Epiphone starter electic guitars without amps...
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
haha a few people did this at my school, but me and my guitar playing mates just started shaming them with musical knoledge etc and it soonstopped.
oo yes
Quote by wingedgopher
That's not so bad.

At our school we have a combo of the shocker, the barbed wire shocker, and n00bs carrying around guitars! Plus an overwhelming size of emos and "gangsters"
I see this all the time at my gf's college. NYU surrounds Washington square park and every time we walk through it you see some guy strumming the same 3 basic chord progression over and over. I guess they think it makes them look cool.
yer theres this kid at my school who came into school with a 20 pound piece of shit acoustic from argos and he was pushin kids outta the way he comes up to me at lunch n asks iff he can play my razorback i was like **** off n he gets his out n trys to challenge me so i thrashed his ass out in a song n he threw his guitar on th floor and ****ed off
here's an idea why, dont u quit whining about it, go and practice, then come in tommorow and be much better than them all, then everyone will worship u.

p.s. whats the shocker???
Yeah I see it all the time at my school.

Whats worse is when they plug their 5 watt amp in outside and turn the knobs up all the way to get attention.
DRM, it's killing music.
nothing like that is happening at my school its all these lil kids wearing these big plastic chains around there necks with no belts. its hilarious.
Man: "I'd like to call you. What's your number?"
Woman: "It's in the phone book."

Man: "But I don't know your name."
Woman: "That's in the phone book too."
No... why would you want to carry around a guitar? Its heavy and inconvenient in addition to the books I have to carry.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
people don't bring guitars to my school even if they know how to play and by the way broelke4 you mispelled gangsters it's spelled ganstas we have a lot of emo kids too
Quote by RustyGold
guitar is the most popular instrument and relatively easy to play

relative to what exactly? its actually one of the more complicated instruments to master to professional level.
Quote by epiphonist13
At our school we have a combo of the shocker, the barbed wire shocker, and n00bs carrying around guitars! Plus an overwhelming size of emos and "gangsters"

hahah my school was like that, we had grade 11 guys walking around with pink fishnets on their arms, and cry in class because people would make fun of them.

my little sister recently converted to emo... it took me 3 weeks to get the blood stains out of the rug
well, everyone who plays guitar at my school is a wiz with theory which makes them a geek/outcast.

so... enjoy it being cool.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I tell you whatcha do. Get the smallest, cheapest amp you can find. Hell, one of those battery powered pocket amps will do. At lunch, just start jamming away and anyone who mocks you, tell them to prove they can do better.
yeah every kid and his dog carries a shitty acoustic around these days, and all they seem to play is crap

many a time i have turned down an offer to play on one of their shitty nylon string planks, and this leads them to believe that they are a better guitarist than me

fuck i can't wait for our school rock concert - by then i'll have my beloved Jackson, and i shall melt their fucking faces
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Just ask to see their guitar and play the hell out of it. It'll either inspire them to get better or make them stop being posers and leave thir guitars at home.
Quote by wingedgopher
That's not so bad.

what is flash the shocker?
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Quote by Atreideslegend
here's an idea why, dont u quit whining about it, go and practice, then come in tommorow and be much better than them all, then everyone will worship u.

p.s. whats the shocker???

It's a hand sign (like the devil-horns)

You keep all your fingers outstretched except your ring finger.

It goes along with the saying "two in the pink, one in the stink." Referring to the index+middle finger and the pinkie finger, respectively.
[Insert Witty/Humorous Comment Here]
Quote by Atreideslegend
relative to what exactly? its actually one of the more complicated instruments to master to professional level.

violin, piano, cello.
every instrument is complicated to master at the professional level.
i play all those ^^ plus guitar and guitar is easily the easiest
Quote by Valterra
It's a hand sign (like the devil-horns)

You keep all your fingers outstretched except your ring finger.

It goes along with the saying "two in the pink, one in the stink." Referring to the index+middle finger and the pinkie finger, respectively.

thats gross
Quote by guitar.god420
thats gross

Hey, they asked.
[Insert Witty/Humorous Comment Here]
yep, posers with guitars. i see it all the time too. you just let them be. if you put them down, you're no better than they are.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by BigTakeover138
is carrying around a guitar without knowing how to play! You see them everywhere! They dont even practice or anything they just think it makes them cool...wtf. Anything like this at your schools?

are you one of them
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Dude, go animal house on their acoustics... or say let me try and keep it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
So, play guitar and humiliate them to the point of suicide. If you can. Problem solved.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by ryanO_26
violin, piano, cello.
every instrument is complicated to master at the professional level.
i play all those ^^ plus guitar and guitar is easily the easiest

violin + cello i would agree but the majority of wind instruments are far easier to play, i used to play clarinet and i barely practiced once a week for about a year and i could still play the thing ok. i didnt say guitar was the hardest instrument to play, i just pointed out that it wasnt one of the easiest. Some percussion is also much much easier to master than the guitar....notice SOME :P

also with the piano/guitar debate, i think it depends more on the person than anything, i find the piano very difficult but my friend whos has been playing guitar for about 4 years and the piano for about 1 1/2 and is FAR better on the piano. he practices more on it now but hen he start he used to practice guitar more.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Jan 18, 2007,
At least you don't go to Loy Norrix...the other day 60 kids got suspended.
I'm serious, 60 freaking kids.
And yet we qualify for free college in my district.
But we have our fair share of pretend guitarists, I think they're everywhere.
At Norrix though, most kids prefer to wear plastic bags around their Forces.
Or white baggy shirts, pajamas, puffy coats, and plastic bags on their backs.
Sometimes kids like to wear sexually suggestive clothing.
The other day someone wore a jackass costume (a donkey kind of jackass).
Norrix fads are mainly gang related.
We have more kids walking around with drumsticks than guitars.
And most of them are not in drumline and cannot play.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
at my school. all of the junior guys one day decided they would get mohawks. they all listen to rap and gino beats. and my good friend (who has a mohawk) was made fun of for being friends with them (which hes not) he got so pissed he bought a burger and literally shoved it in one of the guys faces, and died his mohawk pink. next week, one of the guys has his mohawk lime green. note (this guy is known for rapping down the halls) so of course my friend bought poutine and poured it down his shirt.

lesson: dont piss off my friend.

lesson 2: mohawks are not fad-friendly
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I carry mine around...not every day...once every two weeks *about* we have guitar club and my acoustic doesn't fit in my locker.

but then I wouldn't say I"m godly at guitar but I'm not too shabby... but I know the type you're talking about.

Guitar club last year was overpacked with guitar toting idiots who had no idea what a fret was. I think they all realized how lame they were because this year the guitar club is small again. like..20 people.
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Page 1 of 4