Quick question, what are some ways i can get my pinches to sound like his? Any type of effect i could use? I can nail em down really well but nothing compared to his.
I'm so gothic i poop bats
Marshall JCM 800, Boss SD-1 OD Pedal and a Gibson Les Paul with EMG's in it. Other questions ?
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
i dont have EMGs, got an AVT150HX marshall...my humbuckers are shit though
I'm so gothic i poop bats
your hamp should be ok but yea if u do have alder i wouldnt get the emgs i heard it makes them sterile.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
an overdrive pedal... boss SD-1
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Decent vibrato, good technique and wide strings. If you can get a decent and easily audible pinched harmonic without amplifying your guitar then you'll get as close to it as you can hope to be without that exact set up and his precise technique. Compression would help though.
boss sd or zakk wylde overdrive?

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Shittone i mean silvertone revolver
Cube 60

Originally Posted by sendmeapick
you pick squires over gibsons?

thats like michael jackson over jessica alba
Boss sd, Zakk doesn't use his own overdrive. Zakk is also a bit notorious for backing less than stellar products (the overdrive is slammin and the distortion is crushing...)
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
Zakk Wylde would tell the whole world he porked his grandma if somebody paid him enough to do it. That's exactly what he did with Marshall's MG's.

Besides, I wouldn't take any advice from Zakk on tone. The only tone worse than his to date, was Dimebag Darell's.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Zakk Wylde would tell the whole world he porked his grandma if somebody paid him enough to do it. That's exactly what he did with Marshall's MG's.

Besides, I wouldn't take any advice from Zakk on tone. The only tone worse than his to date, was Dimebag Darell's.

dimes tone> his

Look, his pinch harmonics sound great because he sacraficed any chance at a good guitar tone outside of them. If you were to stack tons of crappy SS distortion and slap on a wah, you would have some insane harmonics. Everything else would sound like unrecognizable shit though.

Quote by Salzary
Boss sd, Zakk doesn't use his own overdrive. Zakk is also a bit notorious for backing less than stellar products (the overdrive is slammin and the distortion is crushing...)

SLAMMING OVERDRIVE!!!

CRUSHING DISTORTION!!

I ALWAYS WARM UP ON THIS I LOVE IT!!

Lol, in the video where kerry had to use one for an instructional he keeps laughing at the idea of getting pinch harmonics out of it.