Epiphone G 400 or Fender Standard Strat HSS?

I like classic rock, old rock.
epi
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
actually, they are both great for that. but i would take the Epi.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
depends on sound you want, wich artists have the tone you like best.

I would personnally take the fender, because I prefer the versatality of the different pickups, and I don't like SG necks.
Try 'em both.

Think.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
If the strat is American, get it.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Are you serious????? On question: Why on God (or buddha, or allah, or whichever way you roll)'s green Earth would you compare a Fender to a lowly Epiphone? Obviously, you'll get more value with the Fender. It's got humbucker tone and single-coil tone. Gibson's are all just humbuckers. Plus, with a Fender, if you wanna change pickup configurations, you just gotta change pickguards (and have the correct pickups of course). If you want something to last, to customize, take the Fender.

EDIT: When I said Gibson, I mean Epiphone. But the same holds true for any Gibson that I have seen.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by E V H 5150
Are you serious????? On question: Why on God (or buddha, or allah, or whichever way you roll)'s green Earth would you compare a Fender to a lowly Epiphone? Obviously, you'll get more value with the Fender. It's got humbucker tone and single-coil tone. Gibson's are all just humbuckers. Plus, with a Fender, if you wanna change pickup configurations, you just gotta change pickguards (and have the correct pickups of course). If you want something to last, to customize, take the Fender.

EDIT: When I said Gibson, I mean Epiphone. But the same holds true for any Gibson that I have seen.

dude wat are u talking about, alot of the epiphones kill the lower priced fenders by fenders i mean fenders and not squiers. and wat do u mean lowly epiphone? there are alot of good epiphones out there which are very durable...
fender and epiphone which of them are better?...
i would prefer epiphone,, it can match fender's quality,,
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS
My friend has a Standard Fat Strat and it is brilliant. It's a lot more versatile than an Epiphone and can deliver pretty much any sound you need, coupled with the right gear.

Personally, I'd go for the Strat.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
dude they're both pretty great, I own a strat(not an HSS, but I've tried one out) and I've played most of the epi's out there, go with the fender, faster neck, and more versatility, the epi's great too, but trust me the fender can do a lot for tone and playability
I usually go for the ones I feel comfortable playing (with good sounds, of course). So try 'em both, which one do you like more? And if you can't decide, then consider the quality.