Ok so I'm looking for a new guitar.
I've been looking at Epi standard LP, or Fender Standard HSS strat.
Which is better?

OR

Name another guitar. Preferebly at least one Humbucker...
I love Fender, so Fender is preffered as well.
400-600 price...

Classic Rock
Southern Rock
light metal
Blues
Hard Rock
Punk

is what I paly:
NO SHRED.

Thanks.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
if u like fenders and cant afford the HSS strat, then get it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
My current guitar is a Peavey HP Signature EXP, which was about $550. I find that it gets great tone for metal, classic rock, blues, and whatever else I play. But my equipment is rather limited in tonal possibilities, seeing as I have an infamous MG (but I still love mine-until I get a new amp). And if you love Stratocasters, it has that style of body. I wrote a review of the guitar on this website. But you should always try something out before buying it.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
^ 2 humbuckers arent better than 1. they are just different.

he might use a single coil for some of his fav styles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I've never been a fan of the standard fenders, they feel very cheap. The fretboards, especially the rosewood ones, are very rough and uncomfortable. I wasn't impressed with the Epiphone either. I thought the humbuckers weren't bad though. You should definitely look into others too. I haven't played the PRS SE's but I can say my McCarty is the best guitar I have ever played, unfortunately you won't find one for under 1500$ even used.

You might want to look into Schecters, I played the C1 Classic and it was nice. The pickups were Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz, which are nice for rock/blues. They feel better too and, generally, have better hardware, tuners and bridges and such, than epiphones or fender standards.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

ive got an epi, a standard strat, a mia strat and a schecter c1+.

the c1+ with upgraded pups is out of budget here. it's mahogany and not really great for lighter music, imo.

the epi is fine. sometimes a switch will break or a strap peg will fall out but those are easy to fix, anyway. the problem is that the stock pups arent going to give him a great variety.

the HSS fender standards are good guitars. alder wood, upgraded trem blocks. the pickup configuration makes it versatile, and ive had my mex made for over 10 years. there's nothing cheap about it. it's a good guitar for the money. it's a great guitar to mod and hang onto.

also, why would u talk about how great ur guitar is, if it's so far out of budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62