Can anyone recommend some good surround sound speakers or maybe a brand.

I'm looking for some speakers around £70-£150 that have 5.1 surround sound, analogue inputs (L-R), a digital coaxial input and a digital optical input.
Creative
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
well, you want the ones with build in sound. Those tend to be the best speakers.
Quote by Bobbert
well, you want the ones with build in sound. Those tend to be the best speakers.

Im not sure you know what you are talking about, I mean, bajeezers. Speakers with built in sound? Thats like guitars with strings? Get off my island!
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Can anyone recommend some good surround sound speakers or maybe a brand.

I'm looking for some speakers around £70-£150 that have 5.1 surround sound, analogue inputs (L-R), a digital coaxial input and a digital optical input.

as far as i know, 5.1 surround just means 4 speakers and a sub. so, no speakers can 'have' 5.1, any will do
Quote by heaven's gate
as far as i know, 5.1 surround just means 4 speakers and a sub. so, no speakers can 'have' 5.1, any will do

Yeah I know sorry meant to say sounds system that is 5.1 surround sound.

Anyway, does anyone know if 5 6W speakers will be able to compete with a 30W amp?
not sure wat we got, but we got a home theatre. make sure u get an amp, so u can have surround sound for normal TV, Pay TV, DVD, stereo etc
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Unless you are going to spend time positioning the speakers in the room, ie behind you etc then you're going to get no advantage over a 2 speaker set up. I binned my 5.1 off for some Altec Lansing and haven't looked back
Well yeah that's the point. I want it for gaming, DVDs and also playing guitar to.

At the moment I play guitar facing my window and both my stereo speakers are on the left of me, would be better if one was on either side, except then when I'm on the PC one would be infront of me and one behind me. So I want surround
Even though when I play guitar the rear speakers will be on the right and front on the left of me, still got more balance.
Bose. When i worked at Best Buy, i was told they were the top of the line and that most movie theatres use the brand
Go for Logitech m8..!I just bought the Z-5500 (or something like that) and its great....5.1,THX optical and coaxical digital inputs and analog,beautifuk interface 505 Watt RMS...Its just perfect for the things you mentioned...I bought it for 330 eyros..What soundcard do you got?
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by X_Op3th_X
Go for Logitech m8..!I just bought the Z-5500 (or something like that) and its great....5.1,THX optical and coaxical digital inputs and analog,beautifuk interface 505 Watt RMS...Its just perfect for the things you mentioned...I bought it for 330 eyros..What soundcard do you got?

I just have an on board sound card, but it's pretty good. Has digital coaxial and optical outputs plus all the regular 3.5mm jack outputs for 7.1 sound.
I'm mainly looking for volume for guitar playing, and surround for games/guitar playing rather than quality. Although obviously quality is important.

EDIT: Yeah I was looking at the Z-5500 earlier. It's over my budget but I can't find anything near as good as this so I might go with it.
I have a panasonic and i love it. Bose is gonna run u a crap load of money and also 5.1 is 5 speakers and 1 sub. If you already have a receiver and a sub then save your money and get some bose speakers.
Quote by JacobMPrater
I have a panasonic and i love it. Bose is gonna run u a crap load of money and also 5.1 is 5 speakers and 1 sub. If you already have a receiver and a sub then save your money and get some bose speakers.

Bose is too expensive.

I think I'll go for either the Logitech Z-5450 or Z-5500.

The 5450 has worse quality (probably a bit cheaper too) but has an extra optical input which would be useful for surround sound on my ps2.
Bose are awesome, but expensive. For PC?

I have Mercury speakers. They are simply amazing. £40 (That's like $83) and they're ****ing great. They can't quite out-do a 30 watt amp (I got a Vox AD30VT) but they can certainly try. Sound is very very clear on them, and very strong.
My name is Marc! Silly username.