Page 1 of 2
what is the best instrumental piece by a metal band ?

for me i had to say foto blu infinito by novembre
Proliferous Souls - Pestilence

edit: you sure there isn't another thread on this?
I've found Jesus
Cradle of Filth - A bruise upon the silent moon
Dimmu Borgir - Fear and Wonder
Black Dahlia Murder - Built for Sin (when the tremolo guitar comes in, absolutely beautiful)
Quote by insideac
Cradle of Filth - A bruise upon the silent moon
Dimmu Borgir - Fear and Wonder
Black Dahlia Murder - Built for Sin (when the tremolo guitar comes in, absolutely beautiful)

I thought you were kidding when I saw CoF and Dimmu right beside each other, but I'll have to agree with the Dimmu one. Great song and it's not even metal.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
I thought you were kidding when I saw CoF and Dimmu right beside each other, but I'll have to agree with the Dimmu one. Great song and it's not even metal.

:P. How is it not metal though? . It doesnt have crunching guitars but..eh I dunno I guess joo are right.
Cosmic Sea, and Voice of the Soul-Death

Also, I am going to be honest, but: The Graveyard Lit by Moonligt-CoF. That little xylophone part is genius. Best use of the chromatic scale I have ever heard.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Man Made God - In Flames
Textures - Cynic
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

"The Wanderer" by Emperor is a sweet track. Short, but I like it.

Everyone else pretty much has it covered with DT/Cynic/Death.

Opeth's "Ending Credits" and "Patterns in the Ivy" are cool.

Losfer Words is awesome, too. I'm also partial to Infinite Misery off the last CC record.
Quote by schecter-rules
i would have to say that "the Crusade" by trivium is one of the best instrumentals

Get out.
I've found Jesus
Gorgoroth - Heavens Fall is pretty awesome. But then again, it's Gorgoroth, so there may be vocals, just buried so deep in the mix you can't hear them.

Other songs to make my list are Metallica - Orion and Megadeth - Wake Up Dead. I know that WUD has lyrics, but come on. They're all of 30 seconds in length, the rest is all guitar solos.
no
Metallica-Orion and (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
Dream Theater-Stream of Conciousness
In Flames-Dialogue With the Stars and Man Made God
Cynic-Textures
OK FIRST OF ALL........There needs to be a rule for these threads called No One Post Any Song By Metallica, Because Everyone Already Knows About It. I dunno about you guys, but seeing fifty billion users with Staind avatars, Jan 2007 Join Dates and four posts to their name saying "Orion and Call of Ktulu" gets a little irritating after a while.

Now then.....

Mezar Kabul- "For Those Who Died Alone"
Death- "Voice of the Soul"
Dimmu Borgir- "Sorgens Kammer"
Arch Enemy- "Hybrids of Steel" and "Snow Bound"
In Flames- "Dialogue With the Stars" (Personal fav) and "Man Made God"
Korpiklaani- "Pellonpekko"
Testament- "Musical Death"
Unexpect- "Silence 011010701" (Not exactly "metal", but...)
Opeth- "Patterns in the Ivy"

There's also a Rotting Christ instrumental off of A Dead Poem that I really liked, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment...
Quote by Contraband
Get out.

wait, do have a limp bizkit icon? what the hell do you know about metal, or anything for that matter.
Quote by schecter-rules
wait, do have a limp bizkit icon? what the hell do you know about metal, or anything for that matter.

If you were here long enough, or trolled the metal forums like we do, youd know why he has that avatar. And he DOES know more about metal than you
Quote by insideac
GTFO MY INTRAWEBS NAO

i'm not sure what to do with this, could you fill in the words to your acronym?
Quote by insideac
If you were here long enough, or trolled the metal forums like we do, youd know why he has that avatar. And he DOES know more about metal than you

could you please explain to me then. Oh, and is Black Label Society considered Metal? And I'm sure he does know more about metal than me.
Quote by schecter-rules
could you please explain to me then. Oh, and is Black Label Society considered Metal? And I'm sure he does know more about metal than me.

Wait...... You have a point? Cause I sure as hell missed it.
I've found Jesus
yeah, i had a point. First: what the hell is with your icon. Second:is black label society considered metal? Clear enough?
Quote by schecter-rules
yeah, i had a point. First: what the hell is with your icon. Second:is black label society considered metal? Clear enough?

ok 1. Itz cuz I like Limp Bizkit and 2. BLS r metal
I've found Jesus
Quote by schecter-rules
i'm not sure what to do with this, could you fill in the words to your acronym?

GTFO = Get the eff out.
My = In my possession
Intrawebs = Intranets/Internet
Quote by Contraband
ok 1. Itz cuz I like Limp Bizkit and 2. BLS r metal

Another question, do you know what Zakk Wylde has against Limp Bizkit. I mean, it could be one of many things, but do you know exactly?
Quote by schecter-rules
Another question, do you know what Zakk Wylde has against Limp Bizkit. I mean, it could be one of many things, but do you know exactly?

I actually have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
There's also a Rotting Christ instrumental off of A Dead Poem that I really liked, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment...

Ten Miles High
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Contraband
I actually have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.

I have the BLS dvd-boozed, broozed and broken boned, and Zakk is continuously making fun and cutting down Limp Bizkit. Just wondering.
Quote by schecter-rules
I have the BLS dvd-boozed, broozed and broken boned, and Zakk is continuously making fun and cutting down Limp Bizkit. Just wondering.

doesn't everyone?

and like SickMetal said, The Wanderer by Emperor is a great instrumental

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Krisiun - Serpent's Specter
Quo Vadis - Night of the Roses
Ayreon - Day Nine: Playgorund

All I got for now, apart from the blindingly obvious alternatives.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
In no order...

Metallica - Call of Ktulu, Orion, To Live Is To Die (though there is some spoken word)
Death - Voice of the Soul
Testament - A Dirge
Amorphis - Thousand Lakes
Gorgoroth - Heavens Fall (there is like one little growl, but that shouldn't count)

And of course, all Apocalyptica (what I've heard of them has been all instrumental, killer stuff).
^Apocalyptica has had some quest vocalists
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Page 1 of 2