As I am soon able to get a job, I'm about to buy an Epiphone Valve Junior so I can have the tube experience.

I don't want the combo, though it may be my last resort. I may mod the head in the future, but I think I need to read up on amps and circutry alot more before I try it.

I have looked at this simply because (I know this is not a good reason whatsoever) I think it'd look beautiful with the amp, but it's pushing my price range.

Are there any good, affordable cabinets?
Preferrably under $200.

...And as a sidenote, does anybody know where I can read up on a beginners introduction to how tube amps work?
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
click on guitar amps. on the top tab on musicians friend.

then on the left hand side click cabents.

then again on the left, click $100-$200 under price range.

and you get this
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
I hear epi are bringing out a cab to match the VJ.

I have no idea if it's any good, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you can stand a 1x12. the get an empty loopline cab $99, and toss in a speaker.

i dont know if the triggerman is good or not.

if u want a 2x12 look at avatar. they look pretty good for the price.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
*Bump*

Alright, now prepare for an ultra-noob question:
How easy is it to just toss a speaker into a cab, and is there any sites explaining it?
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
it's a good question.

all u have to do is plug it in. loopline for example, comes with the 1/4" jack and two wires connected to it,
you run those to the new speaker. a few screws and nuts hold the speaker in place. loopline also provides u wt those.

u clip those onto the speaker and ur all set.

wiring 2 or more speakers, u make sure u match up pos and neg wires.

other than that, same deal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

you just want to be careful... a few speakers (mainly those aimed at a vintage vibe, like the celestion heritage series) require soldering, they don't just plug in.

From what I understand, though, if you can get one that doesn't require soldering, it's pretty straightforward.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
do u mean soldering the speaker wire onto the jack?

wouldnt u just be able to clip the wire onto the speaker lugs? just wondering.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^ no, i mean at the speaker end. it has to be soldered.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh ok, yeah gotcha. yes, it would or ud have to attach a clip to the speaker wire end
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?