Alright, i need to know what people charge for guitar lessons. your probalbly going to say it all depends on the teacher well what does a teacher need to get paid say $50/h. what is a teacher lacking if he gets paid &10/h. Identify what skills a teacher needs to have(theory knowledge, music reading, technical ability) to get paid each of the following amounts:

$10/h:

$20/h:

$30/h:

$40/h:

$50/h:

$60/h:

$70 or more/h:

if you don't know just give me your opinions
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
My old guitar teacher was £20 an hour, which is about $40. He was the best guitarist I've ever met. He was a great all round musician and a really friendly person. He'd studied music at university. Hope that helps...
Quote by la bamba
Are you thinking about teaching?

in a year or so. maybe sooner
Quote by rooster456

Who needs teachers...thats why this site exists lol
[/spam]

Freeze...WTF?
Member #1 of the I Poker club. PM Highvoltage45 to join.
$25 for an hour.

I get to go to a friendly store, get taught my the friendliest, nicest guy I've ever met.

And he's an awesome guitarist. Came out with his own CD that he sells in his store, which is cool.
my teacher is like 45 an hour. he also went to berklee, and he is affiliate there i believe.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Especially considering you're a first time teacher and 15 years old, I'd be very careful with what I charge.

In fact, I wouldn't give lessons if I were you. If I did, I'd only teach someone I know, like a friend's brother or your mom's friend's son or whatever, and that'd be only for a small fee.

You're still learning, you shouldn't be teaching imo unless you really feel like you're qualified. In fact, it sounds like you're just trying to make some quick money. I wouldn't do it. Sorry
Hi!

Sig Retired.
i am 18 and I teach and I didn't go to university or anything but i have been playing since i was 6. I charge about 15 for 45 minutes. I live out in the country so ppl dont spend much.
Quote by la bamba
Especially considering you're a first time teacher and 15 years old, I'd be very careful with what I charge.

In fact, I wouldn't give lessons if I were you. If I did, I'd only teach someone I know, like a friend's brother or your mom's friend's son or whatever, and that'd be only for a small fee.

You're still learning, you shouldn't be teaching imo unless you really feel like you're qualified. In fact, it sounds like you're just trying to make some quick money. I wouldn't do it. Sorry

i said couple of years. I'd be like 16. earliest i would teach would be 18 though
Quote by rooster456

Quote by Csquared1001
i said couple of years. I'd be like 16. earliest i would teach would be 18 though

Quote by Csquared1001
in a year or so. maybe sooner

Just going by what you told me . . .
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by la bamba
Just going by what you told me . . .

you forgot the or so part lol

but seriously i meant to put 18
Quote by rooster456