in my music appreciation class, if you play an instrument, you can bring it in and play for the class, and in a few weeks were going to be covering rock, metal, etc. im gonna bring my guitar and my 5150 stack (gonna be a pain in the ass haha) in while were goin over that stuff. i wanna give examples to everyone about different rock style guitar, like from the 60s, then go into the 70s, then 80s, talk about thrash metal and the bay area metal stuff, death metal, 90s (show em how shitty it was), and then now, what i need is some good song examples for each era, so, suggest away

please and thankyou
Gear:
Epiphone 1958 Black flyingv
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Yamaha guitar (1st guitar)
Behringer V-ampire 112
Van Halen for the 80's. lol
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
For the 70's, play Led Zeppelin.
80's, Guns N' Roses, Van Halen, anything like that.
In the 90's play Pantera!

Thats all I can come up with.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
60's: Beatles, Stones. Play any of their songs on guitar. All good
70's: Zeppelin, Black Sabbath: The Ocean, N.I.B
80's: the melody to Take on Me by A-ha (originally on synth) thats kind of a joke
90's: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
I don't really know for 60s. maybe queen. 70s, perhaps some ac/dc, led zeppelin. 80's, gnr. for thrash do metallica, I have no idea for 90s...current you should play trivium
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

what do you think i should play for death metal? for 80s thrash im going to play slayer and metallica, then im gonna do the tapping part of eruption cause its not very hard and kids these days are amazed whenever they see that picking hand over the fretboard :rollseyes: 70s, zeppelin, sabbath, 60s, hendrix, beatles, for 90s, i could just do grunge like nirvana, and some pantera, the best band of the 90s! and for now i think ill playyyy.....i guess lamb of god or somthing...
Gear:
Epiphone 1958 Black flyingv
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Yamaha guitar (1st guitar)
Behringer V-ampire 112