is it better to get a new amp before a new guitar? i've always heard amp before guitar but i'm thinking differently for some reason. share your thoughts.

thanks.
yes. hopefully i mean u have both already and ur talking about upgrades.

but i always spend more on amps now. find a guitar that feels good. but get an amp wt great tone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
get an amp YOU like. don't listen to tone snobs.

usually they're hypocritical anyways, ie. jimi hendrix had great tone and great tone only comes from tube amp. (hendrix played a SOLID STATE).
yea, if you dont have anything, a guitar would be a better choice (obviously)

but if you are upgrading, an amp will be a better purchase when upgrading (unless you got a killer amp already)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by bite_the_bullet
get an amp YOU like. don't listen to tone snobs.

usually they're hypocritical anyways, ie. jimi hendrix had great tone and great tone only comes from tube amp. (hendrix played a SOLID STATE).

where the hell did that come from. i think u need to take ur pill and go to bed.
he didnt ask, which amp, just amp or guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by bite_the_bullet

jimi hendrix never played a ss amp, mainly because they didnt exist back then. (none i can find)

plus he used marshalls for the majority of his career.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Depends on your current rig...
and also, some people dont realize that alot fo people like getting a new guitar b/c it pulls them inot the guitar playing again, a new guitar usually grabs there attention more b/c they are in love w/ it...

you can say that about an amp too, but i think a guitar wins in the situation

if you dont like your guitar, get one you like
if you think your guitar is decetn,. get an amp
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by tubadude
jimi hendrix never played a ss amp, mainly because they didnt exist back then. (none i can find)

plus he used marshalls for the majority of his career.

+1

He used All tube Marshall heads. The ones where you can crank the volume to 11. LOL

And for the threadstarter, Amp has more influence on the sound than most people think. But if you put garbage in, then you get garbage out. So, the answer is, if you have both guitar and amp that sucks then you have to upgrade both.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield