Well, I got a pedal for christmas from guitar center. Its a boss dynamic wah and I got it from a friend. I could return to guitar center within a week due to the 30 day return thingy and I could spend a little moremoney and buy a whammy. I like having a wah effect, but it isnt so practicle and such. What should I do?
it just depends on what you like mroe i guess and your style. I think that the wah is a much more practical and usable effect than the whammy (though i do like the whammy as well) but its all down to what your style is and which one suits you better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'd just get a multi-effects pedal with whammy and wah.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
I play a lot of funky sounding stuff and alternative rock. I like rage against the machine and tool. I wanted a nice wah to go with my distortion pedal, but this wah doesnt sound so great with the distortion.

EDIT: How much would one of those cost The_Crowing_IV?
of coruse if you like rage whammy is the better choice
also, whammy is better overall for me
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I prefer a foot controlled wah like a crybaby or the like. I think if you would try one of those you would like it more.
the lesser known of the 4
They have varied prices depending on how many effects you want. The one I got was sixty bucks and has somewhere around 40 effects.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Dang, thats pretty cheap. Know any nice ones for under 200? I found some the other day, but with out the whammy effect and it was out of my budget.
Wah>whammy...I dunno how you think a whammy might be more useful than a wah.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
i supposed if you developed a style that revolved heavily around the whammy it would be more useful, oh and stay away from multi FX, they sound like crap.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Whatever you do, don't go multi-effects, trust me.

I say go for the wah...FR's are a pain to tune and re-string if it's your first time. Seriously though, I say whatever suites your needs, go for it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
hes talking about a whammy pedal, not a FR.

Then I say go for the wah.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
doesn't the digitech whammy have a wah in it?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i just got the ibanez weeping demon for christmas and its awesome.

IMO it's quite a bad wah.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I dont think so Both my Bassist and Guitarist have one and its a BEAST
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Wah>whammy...I dunno how you think a whammy might be more useful than a wah.

I agree with that but I love my Whammy mainly because my idol is Tom Morello but if your just gonna use the Whammy for like 1 or 2 songs its gonna be a big waste of money
Quote by tubab0y
doesn't the digitech whammy have a wah in it?

That was the Whammy 2 or XP 100 if I'm not mistaken
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I love tom morello's earlier stuff before audioslave and I play a lot of riffs that involve shifting. I also love adam jones. Anyways, the whammy I was planning on getting was this one. As for wahs, yes I would like to have a wah, but the boss wah I bought isnt so practical with the music I play.
Last edited by fedora bora at Jan 19, 2007,
for the same price you can get the EX7 pedal from digitech. and 2 types of wahs and a whammy pedal, as well as the digitech XP400, Rotovibe, ADA Flanger and leslie speaker simulator. check that out too.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
for the same price you can get the EX7 pedal from digitech. and 2 types of wahs and a whammy pedal, as well as the digitech XP400, Rotovibe, ADA Flanger and leslie speaker simulator. check that out too.

apparently the ex7 doesnt have all of the whammy's functions, but if it has what you need, then it may be a worthwhile investment. If you can, try to find a whammy 1, it hs better note tracking.
For $200 - the same price as the Whammy - you can get a Digitech RP350 effects processor, which does even MORE than the EX-7 expression pedal, plus has all the Whammy goodies built in. I've had an unbelievable amount of fun with that thing.
Quote by pdomres
For $200 - the same price as the Whammy - you can get a Digitech RP350 effects processor, which does even MORE than the EX-7 expression pedal, plus has all the Whammy goodies built in. I've had an unbelievable amount of fun with that thing.

But its rumored to suck...
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by fedora bora
Well, I got a pedal for christmas from guitar center. Its a boss dynamic wah and I got it from a friend. I could return to guitar center within a week due to the 30 day return thingy and I could spend a little moremoney and buy a whammy. I like having a wah effect, but it isnt so practicle and such. What should I do?

Wah isn't practical?
I agree with whoever said:
Wah > Whammy

Whammy's are only good if you're using them well. Unfortunately not many people can, includeing a lot of bands who attempt to use them.

On a side note, I really want a whammy. Haha. They're awesome.