i have a black leather motocyle jacket, and i want to put some studs on it, and patchs, any tips? like needle sizes, thread and stuff like that, or a how to website?

thanks guys
It's damn annoying to stud leather jackets.. you should get a studding tool which basically punches holes into it for the stud's prongs to slip into and then you just fold them over on the underside. Patches are also a bitch since it's kind of hard and practically a workout trying to shove the needle through it a million times.

With either of those, you should keep the jacket out of the rain and away from water.. because water would get into the holes you punctured and ruin the leather.

I'd suggest painting the leather. Use an acryllic based paint. It sucks sometimes because you have to touch it up once in a while because it cracks, but it's more creative and fun than sewing patches or taking hours to put in studs.
Dude, let it wear out, then patch over holes and stuff, don't go heavy on the studs, keep them to the edges. I would go to a drug store, get a first aid style sewing kit, they have big needles.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."
Quote by Uhh, Tanner
Dude, let it wear out, then patch over holes and stuff, don't go heavy on the studs, keep them to the edges. I would go to a drug store, get a first aid style sewing kit, they have big needles.

Ummm.. it would take years and years for any holes to develop in a decent leather jacket.
i agree with RockThe40oz, use acryllic paint. that's what i used on my shoes and it works wonders. my friend used it on his jacket to put The Adicts and it look awesome. Just make it origional, don't steal other people's ideas, cause thats not cool. Use safety pins to hold on the patches. That works just as good as sewing it, and you can move it around if you get sick of it in one spot, or change your mind about the band because they sold out. Do what you gotta do.
Quote by UraniYum
i don't care if this is closed, but i'd really like a blink182sgirl appreciation thread of some kind.

Quote by Iliemyfaceoff
well arent we just a _______ iunno

yes we are

"Punk aint no religious cult, PUNK MEANS THINKING FOR YOURSELF" - Jello Biafra
i wasnt planing on covering it with studs just as little acents,
yall i will pin the patchs and do some painting. and try to piss some people off
eh you dont need studs, just go with the patches. leather jacket = women magnet.

scince i bought my new leather jacket i have like 4 stalkers, the types that call you at 4 in the morning and just breath into the phone, kinda creepy. then i got the crowd of about 5 that just follow me. then i have my woman, who it really doesnt matter if i wear leather or a regular coat, but you can tell, she likes the leather.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
theres one thing you need to make it cool
motörhead backpatch, after that I don't know
LISTEN TO MONSTER MAGNET