So, Sunday, I'm getting my lip pierced. Just a silver ring on the left side.

Two questions to all of you who have had experience with this:

A) Does it hurt (I know I'm going to feel something, but from most people I've heard it's actually painless)

B) What measures did you take to stay sanitary.
A) No

B) Clean it after eating and b4 going to bed and when you wake up for the first month.
i dont have a labret but i know piercings, and if its only throught the side of your lip its not gunan be that bad for pain (now a vertical labret is one of the most painful piercings ever but odnt worry your not getting one) just buy the stuff they offer at the shop you get it done and clean it a couple times a day then when you run out of cleaning stuff use seasalt and warm water and dip it in it, the lip will take about 3 weeks to be mostly good but about 6weeks to be totally healed
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
erm..
A. Kinda/notta..its like a injection....So mm not too bad...
B. I Use mouth wash and dettol to clean mine...

1 piece of advice tho..DO NOT GET IT PIERCED AND HAVE A RING STRAIGHT AWAY!!!..Get A stud first..i wish I had cus it swells up a bitch and when it gets tight it hurts and yeh not nice really..get a ring after about 4 weeks...u wont get a slit in ur lip from the swellin...i had a 1.6mm ring straight off and yeh :S..its alrite now but at the time it was painfull...
I went with a friend to get his lip pierced. He was extremely nervous about the whole situation but when the needle went through he simply said "Damn, That didnt hurt at all." So you probably shouldn't sweat it. I think he soaked his lip in salt water to keep infection away.
It's painless, stings a little, but nothing bad.

Rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal, cig, etc. Clean it when you wake up, and go to bed.

Also do the saltwater soak, make the water really warm and put in a bunch of salt, stir it up, swish it in your mouth for a while, and put a cotton ball with it on your lip ring.

Edit: Tattoo's really don't hurt that much. The sound gets pretty annoying.
But if you get a tat on a sensitive spot, you'll have a decent amount of pain, but it's more than tolerable
You are gonna look like a total ****in faggot with a lip ring.

Also, they are ****in idiotic, and tattoos.
Quote by Syd Barret..

uh oh ignorance alarm going off :O ^ tool
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt

im so jealous. I want a lip ring so bad.
2 problems.

im 16, not legal to on my own. and.....my mom and dad would disown me if i got it done.
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Quote by Syd Barret..

You know what else makes you look like a total faggot...posting useless comments like that.
Quote by RockThe40oz
I hate lip piercings... it makes the person look like they always have some shit hanging out of their mouth.

I agree. It looks way too emo to me too. I just picture Tom Delonge.

I also think tattoos are pretty stupid, but I sort of admire people who get them cause I'd never have the balls to.
Quote by RockThe40oz
I hate lip piercings... it makes the person look like they always have some shit hanging out of their mouth.

I don't like side lip piercings. They throw off the symmetry of the face in a very bad way.

Anyway, there is an "official" body modifications thread, so direct any more questions you have that way. skeptopotamus would be more than willing to help.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I have a labret and it depends on your pain threshold I have a low pain threshold and it only hurt for about 5 seconds until he took the needle out

EDIT: it all depends on who you are, and the way your body works, my lip never swelled up, but dont worry when it pusses all lip piercings do that, as long as it doesnt puss on the inside it means your lip is trying to heal the wound, on the outside the needle made.
Last edited by suicideangel_2 at Jan 18, 2007,
i want one so bad!!!!!!!!!! I want 3....a stud in the middle on my bottom lip, and 2 rings on the side.
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
i want one so bad!!!!!!!!!! I want 3....a stud in the middle on my bottom lip, and 2 rings on the side.

i think thats called a spider bite
Quote by suicideangel_2
i think thats called a spider bite

no its actually called a snake bite but the professional term is labret
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt

Quote by timeh
no its actually called a snake bite but the professional term is labret

Snakebite is just the 2 sides. A labret refers only to the middle.