Page 2 of 18
Love them. My favourite metal band.

I've been listening to the more things change a lot recently, and I heard some of the stuff on the new album is similar to struck a nerve. So fingers crossed it isn't another Supercharger.
Quote by Dobzilla
I heard some of the stuff on the new album is similar to struck a nerve.

I hope so, thats my favourite track off TMTC. It's just one of those songs that makes up the soundtrack to fucking shit up.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by SGRocker0791
They fall under Groove/Half-Thrash Metal, so yes, they do go here.

I'm guessing what you mean is Neo-Thrash, which is closer to the metalcore bands than they are to 'blasphemous and extreme metal bands!' Hell! I once saw about 5 seconds of a Machine Head video and it had rapping in it.
Quote by dr. tchocky
I'm guessing what you mean is Neo-Thrash, which is closer to the metalcore bands than they are to 'blasphemous and extreme metal bands!'

I didn't know Pantera was also Metalcore, how silly of me!

Hell! I once saw about 5 seconds of a Machine Head video and it had rapping in it.

You must of listened to a song from TBR or Supercharger. Go on Youtube and search for "Davidian." That's one of their best and well-known songs.
I hope they never follow trends again........ever. Those nu metal albums were just not right.

Neo thrash? Eh? I've heard of them being described as post thrash, whatever the feck that means. I seriously have no idea what these people are talking about.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I have high hopes for the newwun, aslong as they don't go Metalcore it should be good.

Judging by the cover it looks like it's going to be a more brutal affair.

Yeah I was expecting them to go metalcore on the new one. I don't really like anything post "TMTC" but what ever.
^What now?

I haven't seen a leak yet...
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I really don't think you can call something neo-thrash, even more so if you're going to call it post-thrash as well.
Quote by SGRocker0791

**** You
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by SGRocker0791
They fall under Groove/Half-Thrash Metal, so yes, they do go here.

Stop raping metal archives

"half thrash" lol what the hell is the other half?!

and groove?!?! Two or three bands doesnt make a genre!!!
Quote by unfathomable_bo

"half thrash" lol what the hell is the other half?!

The other nostril-ring.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Jesus, this album is amazing!
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
ARGH, I CAN'T USE THE LINK.

I need to listen to this... Help a brotha' out.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by Dyer's Eve
ARGH, I CAN'T USE THE LINK.

I need to listen to this... Help a brotha' out.

I have a link to the leaked album. PM me, if you want it.
My bro is downloading the Blackening now. \m/

Edit:

Listened to some, I can say that it is really good. Halo kicked my ass, the technicality in the songs I heard are viciously immense and the guitar work is... wow IMO.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Feb 1, 2007,
Quote by SGRocker0791
I'm going to wait untill the album comes out. I have Burn My Eyes and Ashes to hold me back, lol.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QstFAWGgQkQ

This video always makes me laugh. at Rob's and Dave's look.

good GOD that was horrible.
Read my post. Not this.
is it just me or does the new album have horrible guitar tone?
Read my post. Not this.
I wouldnt be making my mind up, after all it supposed to come out in a month ,there might be more production that is needed.
I'm up to Slanderous.

So far its ****ing amazing, better than I was expecting. The Guitar Work has shot through the roof and it sounds much more layered.

Theres no doubt i'll purchase this upon release.
LAMMERGEIER
I would download the torrent, but I'm afraid I'll get caught and therefore ASSRAPED by RR. What are my chances?
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
I won't download yet, because I'm listening to ALL my music in alphabetical order by artist, and I'm only up to An, so by the time I reach Ma, it'll probably be released anyway
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by mingles
is it just me or does the new album have horrible guitar tone?

i love the guitar tone on Beautiful Morning and some of the solos. I don't like how they're tuned though
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Quote by PLOP
I would download the torrent, but I'm afraid I'll get caught and therefore ASSRAPED by RR. What are my chances?

less than 1%
Read my post. Not this.
Aesthetics of Hate, has the coolest bends in a guitar song ever, followed by (as a fitting tribute to Dime) a massive squeal at the end! Love it! I hope the albums not in Drop B but it probably is....nevermind. As for the Guitar tone and guitar work, well....it simply kicks ass
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by PLOP
Aesthetics of Hate, has the coolest bends in a guitar song ever, followed by (as a fitting tribute to Dime) a massive squeal at the end! Love it! I hope the albums not in Drop B but it probably is....nevermind. As for the Guitar tone and guitar work, well....it simply kicks ass

EDIT: And why is Rob anti-religion on Halo? Especially seeing as Phil said (in total guitar) he was "Vehemently against satanic music" due to his Catholic or Christian uprising-and also in Aesthetics of Hate, he says "May God Strike Thee Down"-So is Rob or MH Anti-God or not?
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
^If I remember correctly, he was saying he wrote something on there that was not anti-religion, but against evangelists and people who use religion as an excuse to do things that are immoral and whatnot.
LAMMERGEIER
Wolves and Slanderous are badass, Halo is my favourite at the moment on this album.
NOPE.