Page 3 of 18
Band sucks. Band has always been boring.

I don't see anything changing.

LOL @ yes, because they "currently play metal". I'm off to make a Trivium thread.

MH still sucks.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Dyer's Eve
^If I remember correctly, he was saying he wrote something on there that was not anti-religion, but against evangelists and people who use religion as an excuse to do things that are immoral and whatnot.

Cheers for that man, just wanted to clear that up.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Yea same i got the Blackening and its SICCCCCKKKKK! I love HALO in my opinion one of the best songs theyve ever written!

Another thing in this album nearly every song has a solo which sounds very hard to play lol
My Band Ancient Errors
Under Construction.

"I wash my hands of you all my slate is clean and Ill be smiling all the way to the bank."
it's out??? shit i need to go download that. ashes & empires was ****ing sweet too. machine head has changed a lot over the years.
DETHKLOK RULZ!
The Blackening, simply upon its first listen, is a metal classic. Dare I say it, the album kicks Burn My Eyes out of the ****in' water. Their previous effort was more of a return to form, thankfully, but they hit the nail on the head here.

10/10 (for "Aesthetics of Hate" alone)
Quote by Spynal
Band sucks. Band has always been boring.

I don't see anything changing.

LOL @ yes, because they "currently play metal". I'm off to make a Trivium thread.

MH still sucks.

Goes out and creates threads about Lacuna Coil and Withing Temptation in the nu-metal forum.
Quote by HavenSake
The Blackening, simply upon its first listen, is a metal classic. Dare I say it, the album kicks Burn My Eyes out of the ****in' water. Their previous effort was more of a return to form, thankfully, but they hit the nail on the head here.

I wouldn't say it's better than Burn My Eyes. That album is fucking epic.

The new album is really good though, I'll be buying the special edition.
goddamn people refusing to accept them as metal...or refusing to piss off and leave the thread alone...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I must say this album is pretty close to Burn My Eyes. I mean they are both as good as each other. But Im definatly buying a copy of this when it comes out, just nice to hear what you are buying. Thats what I did with Triviums The Crusade, and thank god i did!

Id buy the album alone for Halo! and the first line in A of Hate is f***ing great!
My Band Ancient Errors
Under Construction.

"I wash my hands of you all my slate is clean and Ill be smiling all the way to the bank."
Quote by HavenSake

Pretty much my opinion. I'm really blown away by this album, I never thought in a million years that they'd top Burn My Eyes, but lo and behold...

Ashes kicked off the return to form, this is album cements it.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Pretty much my opinion. I'm really blown away by this album, I never thought in a million years that they'd top Burn My Eyes, but lo and behold...

Ashes kicked off the return to form, this is album cements it.

Only let down on the album is Slanderous in my opinion.

There's been a few let downs out of their albums really:

The blackening:
Slanderous

Through the ashes of empires:
Vim

Supercharger:

The burning red:
From this day. ( too.)

The more things change:

Burn my eyes:
I haven't heard anything from it yet, I am currently going through a bit of a death metal phase atm. Nevertheless, as soon as its released, a copy will be on my shelf/in my cd player.

If they play Download this year I will be going to see them live there as well.

Btw, Dyers, what are you doing for Download? Shitty headliners so far...
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
^I'm more than likely going to Wacken.

I may go for one day though, probs Sunday, since a lot of my mates are going. I'll probably crash in someones tent on the Sunday Night too if I do end up going.

But Download is so far dissappointing. If Machine Head do it I hope they get booked for Sunday.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by SGRocker0791
"Vim" pwns. I really like the intro of it too.

+18649264609823480263486234

Vim is my favourite track on TTAOE.
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by Dyer's Eve
^I'm more than likely going to Wacken.

I may go for one day though, probs Sunday, since a lot of my mates are going. I'll probably crash in someones tent on the Sunday Night too if I do end up going.

But Download is so far dissappointing. If Machine Head do it I hope they get booked for Sunday.

I dont know if this will happen but I heard that single day tickets may not be sold this year, as they want people to stay through the whole 3 days but thats what I heard, Im probably wrong though lol.
My Band Ancient Errors
Under Construction.

Quote by 5P33D3V1L
I dont know if this will happen but I heard that single day tickets may not be sold this year, as they want people to stay through the whole 3 days but thats what I heard, Im probably wrong though lol.

Thats cheeky, and retarded too. They better not, they will lose buisness if they do.....
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
tHEY ARE WORKING ON THEIR NEW ABUM............IT IS SAID THAT IT WILL BE FULL OF SONGS THATWILL LAST MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES.....
Quote by UMIS
tHEY ARE WORKING ON THEIR NEW ABUM............IT IS SAID THAT IT WILL BE FULL OF SONGS THATWILL LAST MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES.....

FAIL!
K, really dont know whats up with UMIS....

So yeah, after listening to The Blackening all the way through a few times, I find it easily on the same level as BME.
Trust PLOP to break the silence....me and my loudmouth!

Anyway, I head "Trephination" today, along with a few other tracks of Supercharger. I personally think its pretty good....its abit rappy, but nevertheless i think its great! What do you guys think?
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
TBR and Supercharger Machine Head is terrible imo. They should of never messed around with Nu-Metal.
There are some allright songs on "Supercharger" but the disk is very un-ballanced. There are certain songs caugh"American High"caugh which send shivers down my spine. Some of the worst songs written by MH are on the disc
^^I know but some are also ok. Yeah the new metal bits suck ass. i got the album.....yeah some songs are shocking! But I still love Trephination. A solo would have been nice.
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
The Blackening is one hell of an album, probably my favorite MH album to date. The only song I don't really like is "Clenching the Fists of Dissent"...yeah there are great parts in it but the way it all comes together sounds ****ed up to me. It's like they wrote it one part at a time and then threw 'em together, and repeated enough things to make it 10 mins..Which is a ridiculous time for an opening track IMO. That's just me though. Rob sounds better than ever, the guitars are at a whole new level, and Dave McClain is a god. My only other complaint besides the opener is that after a couple listens, all the intros start to sound the same..I'd give it a 9/10 though.
does anyone know where i can find the article, "Aesthetics of Hate: R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell, Goodbye & Good Riddance" rob said it was his insperation for "Aestheics of Hate" and i want to read it but cant find it anywhere and yes i tried google
Alter bridge Rocks Club member #35 PM Logz to join

Quote by Powerhouse
I took a dump in the back of a movie theater once.
Quote by Zero528
does anyone know where i can find the article, "Aesthetics of Hate: R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell, Goodbye & Good Riddance" rob said it was his insperation for "Aestheics of Hate" and i want to read it but cant find it anywhere and yes i tried google

Try harder (I put in : aesthetics of hate iconoclast article)

http://itsabeautifullie.blogspot.com/2006/06/response-to-ignorance.html

What a ****. The article is the first part in italics. Speaking of which, for our English class we had to study an article and pose a debate on it, I did this and got an A

Anywho, 10/10 for the blackening from Metal Hammer! Well done and deserved. Personally, my favourites are: Clenching the fists of dissent, Wolves, Aesthetics of Hate, A farewell to arms and Now I Lay Thee Down. MH say they might record a rehearsal style-live video of "Clenching The Fists Of Dissent"....(think St. Anger bonus DVD.) and that they have finished filming a video for "Now I Lay thee Down".

PLOP
Quote by Aussie_skater

Quote by Seth Shadows

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
heard one of the new songs on a latenight radio show and i loved it. I was REALLY surprised. I didn't think they were going full circle back to their old sound and then some. hoping the whole album is like that. when's it come out? i'll check their site i guess...
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
^IMO, Their new release is quite possibly their best, thats including BME.

Very strong album. No Filler as far as i'm concerned.
LAMMERGEIER
I went to the LoG/MH/Gojira/Trivium(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) show 2 weeks ago, and I met Rob Flynn outside the tour bus, having a smoke. He signed my wallet, and we chatted for a few minutes about music. He's a pretty nice guy.
i heard some new song i dont remember what it was called, i'd give it a 7 out of 10
I think the Blackening is one of the best albums released this decade.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
From what I've heard...Machine Head are fucking back, man.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.