Page 4 of 18
i listened to some of the stuff on myspace, and the songs were good, but the guitar tone was so bad. like ruined the song bad....
Read my post. Not this.
....Guitar tone is...bad???.,...

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT....

Sorry I know its your opinion, but damn not only is the new album pretty much the metal album of the decade, the tone is crushing!

Alot better than any other metal band out now....
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Quote by shenanigans

Sorry I know its your opinion, but damn not only is the new album pretty much the metal album of the decade, the tone is crushing!

Same here. Halo is amazing.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
freaking brilliant album, but, i made a strange discovery, most of you may or may not have known this already but the cover of the blackening is almost exactly identical to the cover of drown in solitude by some band called funeral mourning...

have a look

http://img1.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/6/d/3/8/7/6d387ccee8089d8493f74bc09a69f18f_full.jpg

also, a quick question, on the blackening do they tune there guitars to drop B in 450 calibration or whatever its called instead of the normal 440?
Last edited by thecameronator at Apr 11, 2007,
Quote by mr kipling
Wow, that cover is exactly the same.

almost exactly the same, its darker and doesnt have the "mirrovr that flatters not"

by the way i had a look at there myspace...my god...soo...bad
Last edited by thecameronator at Apr 11, 2007,
Oh, so they suck... Oh well., it's not like they can compare with the blackening anyway. Actually, that's probably why they did it, because there is always one guy who won't look at the cd properly...
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
It's not like either of those bands actually made the picture. It's an old print that they probably had to get permission to use.
the blackening is brilliant, it's one of the few albums I own that I can listen to in full without finding a weak spot. I've heard people compare it to Metallica's Master of Puppets and I think it's at least as good as Puppets. There's no weak song in it but my favorite is Slanderous.

I am a new fan of MH, I only have BME as well as the blackening. Blackening is brilliant, so I'm looking to get "Ashes..." next cause Imperium is an amazing song.
Aesthetics Of Hate..... that song blew me away when I first heard it, dont ask me why, there is just something about it that is ****ING AMAZING!!!.

----I also like what the song was written about, that prick that wrote that article about metal "bringing society down" or something like that, right after Dimebag Darrel got shot.... I seriously want 10 minutes in a locked room with whoever wrote that article.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by thecameronator
freaking brilliant album, but, i made a strange discovery, most of you may or may not have known this already but the cover of the blackening is almost exactly identical to the cover of drown in solitude by some band called funeral mourning...

have a look

http://img1.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/6/d/3/8/7/6d387ccee8089d8493f74bc09a69f18f_full.jpg

also, a quick question, on the blackening do they tune there guitars to drop B in 450 calibration or whatever its called instead of the normal 440?

From what I understand, the guitars are tuned in the studio to drop B (B-F#-B-E-G#-C#) but a 1/4 step down from that. I don't know if they play in that specific tuning live, or if it's just normal drop B.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
Quote by shenanigans

it just sounds fuzzy to me. I dont like it at all.
Read my post. Not this.
The Blackening is my favorite from them so far. Better then Burn My Eyes, I'd say. Hopefully, they'll keep on being a solid Metal band and not change every 2 albums. Heh.
I've only started listening to MH when i got the Blackening and it blew me away. Clenching The Fists Of Dissent and Aesthetics of Hate are my favourite songs on there.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Ive only recently got into Machine head, and I think they are amzing.

I love Aesthetics of Hate, and the song Imperium off TTAOE is really awesome!

i love that weird flanger clean tone they use on so many of their intros.
Without Him, this is the best heaven you will ever know. But with Him, this is the worst hell you will ever experience.
Last edited by sgmetalhead at Jun 2, 2007,
Quote by vashts80
From what I understand, the guitars are tuned in the studio to drop B (B-F#-B-E-G#-C#) but a 1/4 step down from that. I don't know if they play in that specific tuning live, or if it's just normal drop B.

they are tuned C#-F#-B-E-G#-C# i think
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
they are tuned C#-F#-B-E-G#-C# i think

yeah, its just half a step down from D-standard
Without Him, this is the best heaven you will ever know. But with Him, this is the worst hell you will ever experience.
Quote by mortiis999
They totally over use it.

I agree. Not as bad as poor Kirk Hammett and his wah pedal, though.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Brilliant band, but some of the lyrics kind of suck, the meaning at least IMO. I love the voclaist though, Rob and the guitarists are unbelievable. The solos on this album are so melodic and masterful. Excellent new album and can't wait to here more of them.
These guys are my favorite band right now, The Blackening is ****ing amazing. I've asked around, but I can't really find another band like them...

So besides Imperium, what's everyone's favorite song off of TTAOE? Mine is All Falls Down. Not sure why.
Who dat?
Quote by Anarion614
So besides Imperium, what's everyone's favorite song off of TTAOE? Mine is All Falls Down. Not sure why.

Vim.
Descend the Shades of Night

Seeing them on Thursday, can't wait
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Quote by narmi

Seeing them on Thursday, can't wait

I saw them about two weeks ago.

I personally love the blackening, and I actually think they sounded better live.

[Saw them with Heaven and Hell and Megadeth]... was a sick show, even though MH went on first and couldnt get most of those old timers moshin'. It was sad, because they could have put on such a good show if the crowd got into it.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Saw them last night, ****ing insane

Such a good gig

Clench
Imperium
Now I Lay Thee Down
Bulldozer
Ten Ton Hammer
Aesthetics of Hate
Old
The Blood the Sweat the Tears
Halo
Take My Scars

Descend the Shades
Davidian

That was the setlist, not sure about exact order, but the circle pit for Davidian, holy ****ing ****!
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Quote by narmi
Saw them last night, ****ing insane

Such a good gig

Clench
Imperium
Now I Lay Thee Down
Bulldozer
Ten Ton Hammer
Aesthetics of Hate
Old
The Blood the Sweat the Tears
Halo
Take My Scars
Descend the Shades
Davidian

That was the setlist, not sure about exact order, but the circle pit for Davidian, holy ****ing ****!

Oh my god that's such a perfect list...
Who dat?
i was at that gig in glasgow

it was immense, Machine Head rocked the place
and the best cirlce pit of the tour.

i watched descendin the shades of night on my mates shoulders and then my other 2 friends lifted him up so i was like 12 feet in the air.

Was amazing.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white whale
Break your backs and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
Man, this performance is so cool!
I'm loving every second of it!
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Shame the quality wasn't as good as the RAR stream but still...MACHINE ****ING HEAD MACHINE ****ING HEAD!!!
Quote by Mr. President
Good performance, to bad I missed Turisas

lol I saw their whole gig. it ruled!
the violin player came out, and said something like "lets show those guitar wankers in the back!", and then made the entire crowd say "**** the guitar solos!!". it was a really good performance too. lots of people had plastic swords, viking helmets, and body/face paint.
made me feel bad I havent listened to their new album though.

I'll work on that this week.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Damn, was busy and couldn't watch MH's webcast

There is no way I'm going to miss Maiden's tomorrow though

Up the Irons

Quote by MaAal_MaAan

Last.FM
machine head=crazy awesome, I like all of their work, not a huge fan of their first cd but, other than that I've liked everything else, I've listened to their new cd a lot lately, and I love it, and I like their nu-metal cds a lot also, but I doubt any1 in this forum wants to talk about those albums
So besides Imperium, what's everyone's favorite song off of TTAOE? Mine is All Falls Down. Not sure why

Vim or Days Turn Blue To Gray

and their new album kick's ass.. not as much as burn my eyes though.. which i think's their best
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Quote by F-ing Hostile
machine head=crazy awesome, I like all of their work, not a huge fan of their first cd but, other than that I've liked everything else, I've listened to their new cd a lot lately, and I love it, and I like their nu-metal cds a lot also, but I doubt any1 in this forum wants to talk about those albums

their nu-metal efforts were at least damn good nu metal. Yes, there is such a thing. But their recent efforts are pretty good and outshine those nu albums quite easily

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
their nu-metal efforts were at least damn good nu metal. Yes, there is such a thing. But their recent efforts are pretty good and outshine those nu albums quite easily

Yeah, they're turn around in style is amazing.
Who dat?
the song Davidian is a really good one too that i just recently heard.

Machine Head just continues to impress me more and more.
I downloaded their entire set for Download 07, anyone know how to divide it? I was thinking of uploading it on youtube.
Who dat?