Specifically, an Ibanez RG1570.
It looks so plain, I want to add some stickers to the body, but will it ruin the finish?
im gonna do you a big favor right now and tell you to not put stickers on that guitar.

not because it will ruin the finish. just dont put the stickers on. please.
You'll regret it. When you try to take the stickers off you'll ruin the finish. If you want stickers by a crappy guitar and put it on that.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
When you take them off, just use that goo-gone stuff. my brother had a sticker on his old guitar, and we took it off with that and it came completely off. But I hate stickers on guitars, so I would advise against it.
Quote by Metaphysics
im gonna do you a big favor right now and tell you to not put stickers on that guitar.

not because it will ruin the finish. just dont put the stickers on. please.

+1
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
it's not the wood its the finish that might suffer. wt that said. do what u want but like said, stickers get old fast.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
stickers get old fast.

They do. In about 1-3 years, he'd regret it.

Threadstarter: you can send me the 1570 and I'll send you a couple packs of stickers...
its true man, i put stickers on my old guitar cause i thought it would look cool, but like a month later i realized it look stupid
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Yea i agree, They dont Look good. But if thats what you want then do it. But you might want to have Graphics painted on or somthing so it wont look boring to you.......
i plonked an apple sticker in between the pickups on my F-10 it looked to plain and the sticker goes well against the black.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
just put stickers on ur guitar case or sumtin...
well imo, i like my guitar nice and clean.
no stickers, no finger prints.
i like beat up strats like SRV too.
but i know not many guitarists have stickers on their guitars...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I've put stickers on my guitar. Not a ton, just a few on the front and some lightning bolts on the side bit. If I really want to I can remove em without leaving a mark, it'll just take some time.
don't put stickers on your guitar. After a few weeks you will realize how ugly it looks, and you have to take the effort to clean that gunk off that the stickers leave.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
Wow, thank goodness this thread came up. I was gonna parade my stickered axes here...didn't realise the hate for stickied guitar.

To the threadstarter, I say put stickers! What matters is the finish...I heard it isn't wise to put stickers on a nitro-ed guitar (I'd do it even if it was a Gibson) but on a poly-ed axe, it's safe. Sticker on, threadstarter!
Yeah dude, it looks stupid. Don't ruin your perfectly nice Ibanez with stickers.
If you like it, go ahead... I don't think that's a nitro'ed guitar, so you should be safe (check that anyway). There are products to clean the glue leftovers if you don't like it, so.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I had stickers on my Squier a while back. It gets old pretty fast; I'd advise against stickering your guitar. If your guitar is looking plain, hang an air freshener from one of the tuning pegs. Freshen your air and giggle!
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Wow, you should really give up playing guitar if you feel the need to put stickers on an Ibanez, especially a Prestige....
dude don't do it, it'll look ugly as shit. Way to **** up a $800 guitar.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
They're horrible. They remind me of noobs who think they're xcore with their metal-shaped guitar and who think they're amazing 'cause they've got Guitar hero.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Shredlet
i plonked an apple sticker in between the pickups on my F-10 it looked to plain and the sticker goes well against the black.

Lol yeah, I got an Apple sticker on my Yamaha Strat. Eventually I plan to give it single coils and a brushed metal pickguard, for the Apple theme, but for now... meh.
i wouldnt do a sticker, unless you are like 10 years old and you think it will make you play better. . .

or make it think its a razorback, those are one big sticker.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by TJM2482
Wow, you should really give up playing guitar if you feel the need to put stickers on an Ibanez, especially a Prestige....

Wow, you should really give up speaking if you feel the need to be an asshole to people like that, especially unprovoked....
The desire to put stickers on your guitar has nothing to do with your abilities as a guitar player...end of story.

I just didn't like stickers, so I took a silver paint pen to my bass. Some clear coat, and it looks like a custom shop finish.

I looked great, but too bad I got bored with it and sanded it off.
All aesthetics aside, you won't ruin the finish when you put them on - you WILL if you take them off incorrectly.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Unless its a mega mega thin nitro finish, like that of a PRS, sticks won't hurt it at all. When you wanna remove them just rub some goo be gone on them, pull them off, then use a little more goo be gone to remove the sticky shit.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.