well, im pretty new to playing the guitar(actually, im a complete noob), and i was wondering what i should learn first, and then what i should learn after that. just give me as much info as you guys can!!! thanks!
Definitely make sure you know how to play first. Can you read tab? If not, there's a thread for that. If so, there are tons of threads for songs to learn if you're a beginner. Best of luck, and never give up.
know the basics, of course. Then know the chords. Then go on up to chromatic scales. Get a run on your guitar everytime you learn something. Play, play, play, practice, practice, practice... lol
chords and scales, all the boring sh*t first. after you got those down, then the fun stuff will begin. practice a lot too!!!!
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
First off you should learn the positions where you put your hands, and how to play. Then start learning some basic songs and working your way up. Then start learning some theory.
Don't forget to learn Stairway to Heaven, Seven Nation Army and Smells Like Teen Spirit. Then you're a pro....
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
or...no matter how hard it seems, learn some green day (or many other punk rockish songs) that's what i did first, and i am self taught...Brain Stew FTW!!
Quote by soulgazer
the magic triangles , they will clear a lot up !!

Can you elabortate?

You may be pulling my leg but let me explain, I am familiar with a technique Randy Rhoads used in which Z shapes and triangles were used to help visualize the fretboard. If you are serious is this what you are referring to?
Live life to it's fullest, there are people out putting their lives on the line for freedom. Dont waste it.

My Gear:

SRV Sig Strat
Black Gibson Explorer w/mirror Pickguard

Peavy Chorus amp

One pedal - Cry Baby Wah
Quote by rusrec00
Can you elabortate?

You may be pulling my leg but let me explain, I am familiar with a technique Randy Rhoads used in which Z shapes and triangles were used to help visualize the fretboard. If you are serious is this what you are referring to?

Yes, that is what he means. Something similar, anyway.
Thanks, I first read about the triangles a few months back in Guitar magazine I think. Being that I am an avid fan of Randy (RIP) I was intrigued to say the least. I will investigate this more. Any materials referencing this would be much appreciated. Othrwise Im sure theres stuff out there I can find. regardless, thanks for the reply
Live life to it's fullest, there are people out putting their lives on the line for freedom. Dont waste it.

My Gear:

SRV Sig Strat
Black Gibson Explorer w/mirror Pickguard

Peavy Chorus amp

One pedal - Cry Baby Wah