so im gonna be getting some pedals soon hopefully a good amount so what pedals do you guys know that arent true bypass or suck tone to much heres the list of what im looking at

tu- tuner boss (99% sure this is fine)
ts9 tubescreamer(i know if i keeley mod it it will have true bypass)
digitech whammy
digitech digiverb
boss DD-20
boss oc-3
ibanez cs9 chorus
mxr van halen phase 90
EH pog
possibly a EH english muffin (if my TS and tube amp cant for soeme odd reason get what i need)
and one of the foxx tone machine reissues they got on musicans friend for fuzzzz

i also alreayd have a boss ac-3 boss tr-2(plan to have modded) crybaby classis(?) i dunno exactly its the cheapest one (plan to have modded)

i know its alot but sounds are cool man as long as i stay true to the instrument and just enhance it i see no problem anyway dont flame me for wanting a sh!t load of effects but yea give me a heads up on tone suckers and possibly alternative for a similar sound
Last edited by mike110691 at Jan 18, 2007,
tubescreamers dont have True bypass, they have a buffer circuit, but they arent tone suckers as far as i know.
ive heard the whammy is a tone sucker while On, possibly the same with the ibanez chorus. ive never heard of foxx before so i dont know. a crybaby is arguably a tone sucker, ask a vox lover.

imo, if you get any one or two new effects, get the Pog and the whammy. those in conjunction would be CRAZY.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
yeah actually i think the HOG is better than te POG. the tube screamer has a good buffer and doesnt really need to be true bypass, and the only pedals on there that i can say would be tone suckers are the crybaby (if not modded to be true bypass) and the the digiverb, which isnt very good anyway. but honestly if you have a crapload of pedals youre going to have tone loss, just by virtue of having a long signal chain.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
tu- tuner boss (99% sure this is fine) -NOT fine. Horrible tone suck from almost all tuners.

ts9 tubescreamer(i know if i keeley mod it it will have true bypass) -Yes, otherwise it's not.

digitech whammy- Not TBP.

digitech digiverb - Not TBP. Not too much tone suck though.

boss DD-20 - Not TBP, but the tone suck is minimal.

boss oc-3 - Not TBP, a bit of tone suck but not a whole lot. Should be ok.

ibanez cs9 chorus - Not TBP, probably a bad tone suck like most Ibanez.

mxr van halen phase 90 - Not sure on this one.

EH pog - Unsure on this as well.

possibly a EH english muffin - A great pedal for high and low gain- TBP.

and one of the foxx tone machine reissues they got on musicans friend for fuzzzz - Not TBP, and there are MUCH better fuzzes for the price. Check out Analogman and Fulltone.
alright thanks guysthat helped alot well i didnt see the tuner as a tone sucker coming at all would running the dry output to a tuner from the whammy take care of that problem? i'll cehck out those fuzzes and look around for a better chorus i kinda had a feeling that all those pedals would cause tone loss not matter how good they are anyway to countereffect the long signal chain affect?

edit- how bout the EH small clone for a chorus replacement ive herd great things so is it worth trying out if you've used it?
Last edited by mike110691 at Jan 18, 2007,
The way to counteract a long signal chain is to put a buffered pedal at the beginning.
With so many pedals, you might want to look into getting a couple really good, versatile pedals ( Line 6 MM4 and FM4, DD20, Fulldrive 2, and a Sunface Fuzz would cover everything you mentioned) - they will have minimal tone suck and will sound better overall.
The Clone is great. IIRC the MXR regular old 90 doesn't suck tone. EVH I dunno, I bet they're basically the same circuit though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.