I want to join there, I have to do an audition, I can choose my main instrument as classical guitar or jazz guitar. I don't really play either.

I listen to joe satriani,v steve vai, and dream theater, anything like that would be appreciated
lean towards jazz if your into that satch, vai and dream theatre
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
well waht i mean is...if you learn jazz, you can learn to incorporate it into alot of other music styles...which is why you should learn it
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
There is no school where you can study rock guitar, or metal, or anything other than Jazz or Classical.

That's because Jazz and Classical are the only two SERIOUS art forms. (NOT my opinion)

I think you can go to school for rock in Berklee, but actually majoring in that, will get you nowhere, you don't have to go to school for rock.

You would be better off playing Jazz, because classical is WAY different...

• Play with raised left foot, with the guitar on left leg
  • Nylon Strings
  • Play with your fingernails

If you are going to join for Jazz guitar, it'll be much easier because you'll be playing electric guitar, however, it's still going to be hard.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by flesh fries
well waht i mean is...if you learn jazz, you can learn to incorporate it into alot of other music styles...which is why you should learn it

exactly the same for classical guitar
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
any ideas what songs I could play? If sure the artists I listed above would not be accepted? maybe?
I don't know about in america but here in britain you can't attend uni for a BMus unless you have a grade 8 in the instrument.
Go jazz its going to be just a diffrent style, like punk to metal, simply a diffrent scale as opposed to classical which is an entire disipline it itself.