Ok so the cab is 8 ohms stereo and has 4 speakers that use 100 watts stereo. My head is a 120watt head so will it cause the speakers to blow. Also what kind of cord do i use to hook up the head to the cab. Is it just a regular instrument cable because on the back it says class 2 wiring. Confused
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
its better to use a stereo cable instead of an instrument cable.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Yeah, use a speaker cable (I assume that's what he meant by stereo cable?), they're generally much shorter and can handle higher voltages. Also, I don't think you'll have to worry too much about blowing the speakers, but definitely don't turn up your amp to 10. Just curious, what amp/cab do you have?

Since when did "stereo cable" equal "speaker cable?"

You want speaker cable. Instrument cable can blow and then blow your output transformers if you have a tube amp.

You want the cab in mono mode...can't you do that?

If it's 100 watts per stereo channel, the mono channel wattage rating should be 200 watts.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.