I'm going to purchase a delay pedal in the morning and I've decided on these two(Boss DD-6 or DD-20). Any opinions? I favor Boss pedals and my budget is $200.00 USD.
i recommend dd3, line 6 tonecore echopark, or digitec digital delay but thats just me~ but from the 2 u suggested, i'd go with the dd6~ only because its simplier and easier to grab the delay sound i want. i mean the dd20 is pretty expensive~ i barely tried out the dd20 but from my experience its alright~ i just prefer simplicity
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
I favor simplicity myself. Theres only $10.00 difference between the two I listed. That puzzles me. I have considered the Line 6 because it is true bypass, but, I seem to recall something about needing a special power supply. I wonder if my One Spot would work.
For Line 6 you will need a special power supply.. I would go with the Boss DD-6 I've used one quite abit and it sounds great.. Also its simple.. Im not a huge fan of Line 6, in part because they do need a Line 6 adapter..
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
Quote by Metallica12_12
For Line 6 you will need a special power supply.. .

That goes along with what I've heard. Thanks
honestly, i'd try both of them out and see which one u prefer~ i think thats the best to do~ before i bought my line 6 echopark, i tried out my brothers digitec digital delay and the dd3 and i honestly struggled on which to buy but i went with the echopark~ so i think its best that u try them out
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
I intend to do that, it's good to get feedback from those who use them. The only drawback about the Line 6 is the power supply thing. I don't want to use two different ones. Thanks for the input!
i hear boss is coming out with a DD20XL which is why the DD20 is so cheap. i had the DD6 and its a great pedal. i traded it in for the DD20 cuz it had a Dual Delay setting that i love, as well as a 23 second looper, and the Twist function is pretty cool. anyway simple=DD6, versatility+a bit more complex= DD20.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
i hear boss is coming out with a DD20XL which is why the DD20 is so cheap. i had the DD6 and its a great pedal. i traded it in for the DD20 cuz it had a Dual Delay setting that i love, as well as a 23 second looper, and the Twist function is pretty cool. anyway simple=DD6, versatility+a bit more complex= DD20.

what is likely to be on the XL (if one is actually been made)? i dont see how anything much more can be added to the DD-20 that wouldnt either be pointless or take it into multi-effect territory.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Jan 19, 2007,
I haven't heard or seen anything about a DD-20XL. I would assume it's just more memory for saved settings. They should have added a small metal bar to protect the LED screen.
Thanks for everyone's input. I had a hard time finding one in stock, but, I did buy the DD-20. I haven't tried everything on it, but, so far it does what I need it to.
darn it...the adaptors that come with the one spot are line 6 compatible. just missed it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
darn it...the adaptors that come with the one spot are line 6 compatible. just missed it.

Oh thanks a lot!! Just kidding! That's good to know for future ref.
The DD20 is harder to use, but its fun to use it, too. I like experimenting with mine whenever I can.
Sent from my iPad.