Well since my last post about relabeling a guitar went over so well. Here is another one I going to have someone paint the headstock white then air brush some zebra strips on it. I haven't figured out who yet I told the guy at my local guitar shop about this he told me to find a Luthier he didn't know of one. He said I could take it to a bike shop that they could do it for me anyone every heard of that? The question is what logo decal would be a good choice? I first thought I should get a Kramer logo to put on it. But then I realized that you could quickly tell it wasn't buy the headstock. So does anyone know of a guitar that has a headstock that looks like mine? I am now thinking about an LTD decal anyone know of a well known guitar name I could slap on there without it looking to transparent.

I will take a better picture if you need me to
Last edited by YouWantToKillME at Jan 19, 2007,
Not a very classy thing to do. Anyone with a lot of experience with guitars is going to see through your scam and then really look down on you.

There's nothing wrong with having a cheap guitar. Sometimes you just can't afford what you want. Practice hard, and then by the time you have some skills, hopefully you'll be able to buy a better instrument.

What you're trying to do is wrong in lots of ways. I hope you don't do it.
just have the guy who is painting it write your name on it, don't put a name that isn't yours on a guitar!

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Do a custom logo.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
dude, what did you wind up doing with the "SG" you had? because i just bought one like yours (the guyput in some gibson '57's and it foesnt daound HORRIBLE(and it only was 100 dollars)) and i was thinking of changing the headstock too. i wouldnt put a "gibson" logo on it tho, the other guys are right, thats no bueno, but i planned on maybe putting my name or something up there, i thoght THAT would look awesome. but anyway, what did u do? or how did it turn out?
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by powerhalf
Not a very classy thing to do. Anyone with a lot of experience with guitars is going to see through your scam and then really look down on you.

There's nothing wrong with having a cheap guitar. Sometimes you just can't afford what you want. Practice hard, and then by the time you have some skills, hopefully you'll be able to buy a better instrument.

What you're trying to do is wrong in lots of ways. I hope you don't do it.

I'm not trying to scam anybody I'm going to paint the headstock anyway the logo will be covered up. Should I just leave it blank? Will you please explain to me what's so wrong about it?

Quote by no1flyhalf
dude, what did you wind up doing with the "SG" you had? because i just bought one like yours (the guyput in some gibson '57's and it foesnt daound HORRIBLE(and it only was 100 dollars)) and i was thinking of changing the headstock too. i wouldnt put a "gibson" logo on it tho, the other guys are right, thats no bueno, but i planned on maybe putting my name or something up there, i thoght THAT would look awesome. but anyway, what did u do? or how did it turn out?

That was only three days ago so I haven't done anything to it yet. I have ordered a full sized pickguard and a truss rod cover for it and I guess I'm going to order the gibson decals. I still don't see anything wrong with it I mean it is a gibson guitar.
Last edited by YouWantToKillME at Jan 19, 2007,
Taking off the current decal and putting Gibson decals on your guitar does not make your penis bigger.

Sorry.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.