Page 1 of 3
Ok well.. I guess it's been like this for a while.
I wake up, around 2pm everyday (go to sleep around 4/5am). I get up, play video games. Eat, watch TV with parents, play more games, hang out on the internet, go to sleep later on. I am going insane though. I don't like being this way, but when I wake up in the morning (well afternoon) I have absolutely NO ambition. As if my life energy is sucked out of me. I dropped out of school back in september because of my depression. No I'm just.... a mass of nothingness. It sucks.

at night I'll be like "f yeah I'm gonna wake up early, go drop off applications, sell stuff on ebay, getirdone"... then I wake up, and I'm like "ah F it I'm playing video games". I have no energy. I heard depression does that to ya.
i hate that. but my lifes kinda like that more or less. my therapist calls it "a spiral of depressoin"

solution: PROZAC! YAY

or sex works fine as well
Danm i do litteraly the same things it sucks right?
And yes depression sucks i'm in 8th grade i havent gone to school in a while.Although i still have a chance of graduating.Starting about 2 weeks ago i started trying to change my life.I have to see how it works out.Good luck with the "improvement"
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by bullykai
go on welfare like everyone else like you do..........so I can work damn hard paying taxes for people like you...................................

Coming from the guy trying to cheat the justice system.

yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by schecter_guy
get a job, ya bum

lol.

I was like that for a good month when my semester ended. I got me a job and now im back in school.

Just tell yourself "get the fuck up and do something." Get your body and mind going even if you feel it's pointless. Doing anything is better than just doing nothing.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by KCGIG1
And yes depression sucks i'm in 8th grade i havent gone to school in a while.Although i still have a chance of graduating.Starting about 2 weeks ago i started trying to change my life.I have to see how it works out.Good luck with the "improvement"

you have depression in the 8th grade.......my god wait till you are an adult.....thats depression
Quote by KCGIG1

Kinda funny you say that.. I missed 40 days of 8th grade.. I wonder if it started all the way back then
Why does everyone call any remotely bad feeling they have depression? I hate that. The word is so over used it makes people who suffer from real depression look like they're weak and stupid. Last year, my Auntie got diagnosed with a terminal disease, and even though they're keeping it at bay for now, we all know something could go wrong. However, my auntie doesn't let depression get the better of her, let alone admit she is depressed. So, what the **** do you have to be depressed about?

The problem you're suffering from is apathy. You don't care enough to get a job because you're deep down still very happy with how you're living right now. Dropping out of school was probably the worst thing you could have done, in the near future, you're going to regret that decision.

If you really want to get a handle on your life, look at yourself and ask yourself where you want to be in a certain number of years. If your answer is "in my mum's house playing video games" then keep doing as you are, but if it's anything different to that, get off your arse and get a job or re-apply to a college.

Your mum doesn't want you as her burden all her life, you need to get out of her house if you're not interested in anything but gaming. She didn't spend money on you education so you could end up sitting around on your arse.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Nelsean
lol.

I was like that for a good month when my semester ended. I got me a job and now im back in school.

Just tell yourself "get the fuck up and do something." Get your body and mind going even if you feel it's pointless. Doing anything is better than just doing nothing.

exactly

i'm in a similar situation, i'm looking for a job and a girlfriend (as carol said, sex works as good as prozac)
You're a whiny bitch. But here's some advice.

NOW is the time to change your life, NOW is the time to realize that if you dont, you'll be a bum living on the streets...your parents aren't gonna babysit you for your whole life. Go out and make yourself some friends, and dont care what people think about you, dont let them get you down, or you'll fail.

I just realized these things myself, at the beginning of the school year. The difference here is that Im not even 16 yet, and I have a chance to come out of all this completely unscathed.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Sell what ever video game system you have, or make your parents do it if you can't bring yourself to:P then you will have nothing to do but go get a job and get your life in gear, it helped me but now i miss my xbox terribly
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Nelsean

+1

Keeping yourself busy is the way that millions of depressed people have gotten on with their lives before all this over-medicating bullshit. Although I was too goddamned lazy to read the whole book, Durkheim's definitive study on Suicide essentially stated that people who do nothing are struck by too much self-reflection. It leads to a sort of detachment from society that leads to further depression and in some cases eventual suicide.
"Why does everyone call any remotely bad feeling they have depression? I hate that. The word is so over used it makes people who suffer from real depression look like they're weak and stupid."

Right except I really do have the whole "Real" depression thing. It sucks. That's why I had to drop out of school. I'm very unstable.
+ 10. Quit whining and join the military. You can get set up really easily in the military. I just did 6 years, I am voluntarily getting out and I have completed my bachelors (it was free by the way). Now a whole new world has opened, veteran's benefits and what not. It is pretty sweet. Or you could stay in and retire at like 38 or something. Point is you need to quit being gay and grow up.
Quote by amazingdm
"Why does everyone call any remotely bad feeling they have depression? I hate that. The word is so over used it makes people who suffer from real depression look like they're weak and stupid."

Right except I really do have the whole "Real" depression thing. It sucks. That's why I had to drop out of school. I'm very unstable.

What is there to be depressed about? Besides, didn't you get kicked off your college courses?

Quote by amazingdm
Ok well.. I guess it's been like this for a while.
I wake up, around 2pm everyday (go to sleep around 4/5am). I get up, play video games. Eat, watch TV with parents, play more games, hang out on the internet, go to sleep later on. I am going insane though. I don't like being this way, but when I wake up in the morning (well afternoon) I have absolutely NO ambition. As if my life energy is sucked out of me. I dropped out of school back in september because of my depression. No I'm just.... a mass of nothingness. It sucks.

at night I'll be like "f yeah I'm gonna wake up early, go drop off applications, sell stuff on ebay, getirdone"... then I wake up, and I'm like "ah F it I'm playing video games". I have no energy. I heard depression does that to ya.

Im gunna give you some serious advice here.
Get some friends. Real life friends. Find a group of kids that will tolerate you and hang out with them.
Quote by Smokey Amp
What is there to be depressed about? Besides, didn't you get kicked off your college courses?

I'm hoping you are just "Testing" me and aren't truly ignorant of what depression is.

I'm not depressed "About" something, I'm just depressed. It's a sickness

No I wouldn't have gotten kicked off, I was on the dean's list the last semester I was there
Quote by Against Him?
Im gunna give you some serious advice here.
Get some friends. Real life friends. Find a group of kids that will tolerate you and hang out with them.

I have a big problem in this department. I'm a pretty lonely guy but I have no idea how to make any new friends and I really don't have any existing friends.
I've never really been liked and I never knew why
Quote by amazingdm
I'm hoping you are just "Testing" me and aren't truly ignorant of what depression is.

I'm not depressed "About" something, I'm just depressed. It's a sickness

No I wouldn't have gotten kicked off, I was on the dean's list the last semester I was there

Depression is usually triggered by an event. You don't just "become depressed" and if that's actually become a diagnosis in the medical world now, it's only just there to cater for kids who flurry into their local clinic complaining of depression.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Depression is usually triggered by an event. You don't just "become depressed" and if that's actually become a diagnosis in the medical world now, it's only just there to cater for kids who flurry into their local clinic complaining of depression.

You're getting confused.

Depression is like, a chemical inbalance. Well not "like" it really is. I don't know if it's genetic or just a result of a f***ed up life. But what you're confusing triggers for is this, while depression certainly affects all aspects and moments of my life, there are certain times where I will be REALLY depressed. Emotionally so out of wack, and just break down in tears. These are the moments that are usually "Triggered." Like for example, a couple weeks ago I went to blockbuster and I couldn't rent this one game I wanted to rent. No biggie right? But it triggered my pre-existing depression. I wasn't depressed about the game, it just triggered the depression.
My mother has almost lost everything she has due to a horse riding accident. She does suffer from clinical depression. It is an actual medical term and she gets disability pay from it. It is a psycological illness that most people have a hard time dealing with. Yes I agree that the rise of the EMO culture has watered down the definition of depression, but there are still some really bad "mental" cases out there that need help (real help).
No. You're just really lazy about doing anything. Like you said in your first post...

Quote by amazingdm

You have a certian will, but you are not following through with it because...

1) You're not planning your day and doing things early.

and

2) Video games.

Get off this depression bull shit. Only you can fix your life. Walking around with your head low isnt going to fix anything.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
disability pay from depression? Well this might make my life easier..

Take into account that she was self employed and is almost 60. I doubt that a 20 year old would qualify.
Quote by zeroconsequence
Take into account that she was self employed and is almost 60. I doubt that a 20 year old would qualify.

how bout 24 year old? make a difference? had to have a job? damn...
it's ok I want to work..
Quote by zeroconsequence
My mother has almost lost everything she has due to a horse riding accident. She does suffer from clinical depression. It is an actual medical term and she gets disability pay from it. It is a psycological illness that most people have a hard time dealing with. Yes I agree that the rise of the EMO culture has watered down the definition of depression, but there are still some really bad "mental" cases out there that need help (real help).

No doubt, that's what I said in my post on the previous page.

I'm tellin ya. the easiest job i had was in the Air Force. But hey since you like gaming try and get a job testing them suckers. I almost got a job paying 5,500 a month here in germany testing video games for an american company. The only downside would be that I have to stay in this god forsaken country for like 5 more years.
Balls - I'm now in my last year at high school and I haven't been in 2 and a half years. Am I depressed? No. I'm working my ass off to cram in all this work in the 6 months I have left before my exam to pass and actually succeed at something.

Motivate yourself. Nobody else can help you or tell you how. Just DO it. Only option.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
hey man i was in the same way once, and the only thing that really helped was working out. yeah it sounds stupid but its true, it gives you some sort of routine and gives cool benefits like the chicks dig it. try it it will help if you stick to it, but in saying so it is pretty hard to get started, but its worth it.
Quote by NemesisX
Balls - I'm now in my last year at high school and I haven't been in 2 and a half years. Am I depressed? No. I'm working my ass off to cram in all this work in the 6 months I have left before my exam to pass and actually succeed at something.

Motivate yourself. Nobody else can help you or tell you how. Just DO it. Only option.

You're doing two and a half years of work in six months? Good luck.

Dr. Altronataku here. I'm going to write you a prescription for a pair of testicles. you just go ahead and try it out.
Basically dude, you just need some self-confidence. Go out and make some friends and have fun, and just remember... it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you. You control your own life. Now go out and make something of it.
Quote by altronataku
Dr. Altronataku here. I'm going to write you a prescription for a pair of testicles. you just go ahead and try it out.

Scrubs quotes never get old.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Scrubs quotes never get old.

Cox ftw

which reminds me, if Dr. Cox was real, amazingdm should ask him. of course, this is useless advice.
Page 1 of 3