Heard a song on sirius satelitte radio and checked Satanic Black Devotion and thought it ws pretty nice bm.......your thoughts kids?
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
too juvenile (and straight-forward)

it's how emo does black metal, or maybe it's how black metal does emo...

sargeist consists of members from horna and behexen or something like that, you should check those two out instead
the emo title is better suited to Abyssic Hate. Satanic Black Devotion has some underlying esoteric devotion, if you're that way inclined...
Shadilay.
Last edited by morbid_death at Jan 19, 2007,
Well I only have the split with Horned Almighty and Sargeist is definitely the better half of the album. It's a sound I like.

Can'T remember how Satanic Black Devotion is, it's been a while.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
I don't know much about emo or whatever but sbd returning to misery reminds me of Total Death. Actually I' m liking what I'm hearing of these guys. Atmospheric recording and decent blackmetal vocals in the new millenium. good find sorrow.
I like Disciple of a Heinous Path better than Satanic Black Devotion, Sargeist is pretty solid.
I love some of the riffs on SBD.

I don't like Disciples Of The Heinous Path quite as much, but it's still pretty good music.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
SBD is great from what I've heard from it.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I prefer SBD to DOTHP. The split with Bahimiron also > your face
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
I saw SBD at the store...

I didn't buy it though, but rather came home and listened to it. I think they're like Darkthrone from that cd, except not quite as good.
I've found Jesus
Nothing Darkthrone released after Transilvanian even comes close imo, not counting the works of Behexen and Horna in the equation as well. Modern day Dakrthrone <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Sargeist
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Haven't heard the Bahimiron split, but Satanic Black Devotion is my favorite out of everything else.

Chris, you're friends with the Bahimiron guys, am I correct?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by Spynal
Nothing Darkthrone released after Transilvanian even comes close imo, not counting the works of Behexen and Horna in the equation as well. Modern day Dakrthrone <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Sargeist

modern day Darkthrone <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< shit sandwich

That really wasn't much of a statement

I've found that "classic" BM albums don't really exist; the riffs in Transilvanian Hunger are no colder or more atmospheric than anything on SBD. I don't even like Transilvanian Hunger that much and frankly, I think SBD owns it, for the most part...
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
since when has anything a formerly landmark band done later in their career been anygood (i.e Dark Throne)? For fuck sake, I thought most of you knew this by now.

I know some people are going to contest this but I'd like to reaffirm that fact that I mean none have done anything redeeming. Also, don't get 'landmark' confused with 'made a release in '95 that has sold a lot of copies so must be really influencial to the genre.'

I could fart into my computer microphone and it would be still be better than if Emperor and Dark Throne decided to make a split out of their 'best' tracks from their last 4 (combined) atrocities.
Shadilay.
Uh.....cool, im not the only 1 that dig's SBD a lil bit : /
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
I like the last Darkthrone but it doesn't compare to the early stuff, at least they didn't go downhill as much as Satyricon.

I finally got SBD in the post today, actually, after having it on my computer for ages.
Yes it is
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Sargeist are OK, they get boring if you listen to more than 3 songs in a row.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
I listened to a new song and it was okay. Nothing special
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by Crazed Shredder
Sargeist are OK, they get boring if you listen to more than 3 songs in a row.

I would agree to an extent,i find the new one to be really awesome till about half way through then it just starts to get too monotonous.If it was an EP it would be great though.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.