i read this tab

Band: Incubus
Song: I Miss You (Acoustic)
Tuning: Drop D - DADGBE

and it says drop the E to D do u need something special to do this or can u just turn the knob im new to guitar haha
It's as easy as turning the knob to a D, use an electronic tuner because depending on the quality of your guitar, and type of bridge, the other strings may go out of tune when you change the pitch of one.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

what an electronic tuner? like one that plays sounds online???? its not a very expensive guitar :P
An electric tuner is a device that when you play a single, open string on your guitar, the tuner will show you if it is in tune or not, and if not then it will show you if you are too sharp or too flat.
Theyre really cheap, even for good ones. Well worth getting one.
I recommend the Korg GA-30

Also try this thread for how to tune
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437340
Hey Matt. If you want, I can put a video on youtube of me showing you that song, and how to get that harmonic, and changing the tuning if you like. PM me if you'd like me to.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Turn the knob left so it goes down, then put your finger on the 7th fret on the E string. When it the E string on the 7th fret matches the Open A, it's drop D. Try to hear the "waves" at their longest.
You use the 7th fret E string to check the tuning, but I find the quickest way is just to play the D string, and just tune to that only an octave lower. If you constantly change between alternative tuning, you get quick at it. My brother plays a lot of stuff in Drop D, C, and often leaves the bass in A, so any guitar in the house I pick up could be tuned to anything.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Standard
E A D G B E

Drop D
D A D G B E

Drop D
D A D G B D

Open D
D A D F# A D

D Minor
D A D F A D

DADGAD
D A D G A D

Fourths
E A D G C F

D Modal
D A D D A D

G 6
D G D G B E

Open G
D G D G B D

G Minor
D G D G Bb D

C 6
C G C G A E

Open C
C G C G C E

Low C
C G D G A D

Open E
E B E G# B E

As a guide I would suggest tuning the note to the closest available i.e.

Open G

e -> D (tune DOWN to D)
B -> B (same)
G -> G (same)
D -> D (same)
A -> G (tune DOWN to G)
E -> D (tune DOWN to D)

Fourths

e -> F (tune UP to F - The closest F is up)
B -> C (tune UP to C - The closest C is up)
G -> G (same)
D -> D (same)
A -> A (same)
E -> E (same)

Cheers,

Worzell
Worzell | Defender & Protector Of All That Is Good
Quote by matth87
and what does * <--- indicates harmonic tune mean?

if I remember that song correctly, you're playing that on the 7th fret, right? you gotta play the natural harmonic.

Natural harmonics are the easiest to produce. A good place to begin is the 12th fret of the first string. With your fretting hand, lightly touch the finger against the string directly above the 12th fret. Do not hold it down, just touch it. Then strike it with your picking hand, and immediately release the string with your fretting hand. If executed properly, the result should he a high-pitched, ringing E (on a standard tuned guitar). It will be the same note as pressing against the fret will produce. Try it again at the 7th, 5th, and 4th frets, as in the list of natural harmonics: each will produce even higher sounds, much higher than can be produced on the guitar without using harmonics! However, each will also be quieter, so the higher harmonics may be nearly inaudible without overdrive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_harmonics#Natural_harmonics
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light