Whats so bad about it?
Ive heard alot of people complain and make fun of it.
I havent been to the store lately to try it out, so whats the big deal? does it catch fire after 3 minutes of playing, or are some people just trying to be smartasses?
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
dude wtf, theres nothing bad about it at all! ive got a Marshall MG100HDFX, its so sweet, theres not a thing bad or wrong about it. i know these guys who are like 'oh marshal amps, so cliche and boring, sellout, etc, etc, etc.' but they're just jealous cos we have the MG's and they don't.
lol
my MG30DFXs sound breaks up after the volume goes past 3...
the clean channel does. its pretty darn bad i want to return it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by perko
dude wtf, theres nothing bad about it at all! ive got a Marshall MG100HDFX, its so sweet, theres not a thing bad or wrong about it. i know these guys who are like 'oh marshal amps, so cliche and boring, sellout, etc, etc, etc.' but they're just jealous cos we have the MG's and they don't.

what other amps have you played on??? seriously

The Marshall MG = low price > marshall quality.
they made them with the theory that the name would sell it, and they were right.

the overdrive setting is just terrible.
however i DO like the cleans on it.

the one at my school has a habit of changing which channel its on half way through a song no matter what volume its on too..
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by perko

People dont like them because their overpriced and shit. I was unfortunate enough to own an mg50dfx once. I got rid of it as soon as i could afford a jcm2000.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
There's nothing wrong with them at all. They are what they are. Low priced amps. The only reason you hear alot of shit about them is becaus UG is a bandwagon site, basically.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
ive tried an MG50 and i didnt like it....i def wouldnt recommend it but i would go "ZOMG n00b you gotz MG'z they are sh1ttiz!!!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
omg wtf man
just turn up the volume to 10. u'll notice the crappiness...
the sound breaks up like a baby -___-"
this means that u gotta keep the volume at 5 or less, which means u need a power amp system. which costs way more than just buying like a 30w tube amp...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i had an mg30 for a few months, it sounded ok for the 5 mins i heard it at the shop and it also sounded ok for the first 20 mins after i got it home, after that i started to realy dislike the sounds i was getting from it. i got a dsl401 a few months later which sounds a lot better, i turned the mg on to try it before i sold it and it sounded terrible, the guy that bought it from me seemed happy enough with it though
if someones happy with it then it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks about them
the OD just sounds horrible. the whole amp does TBH. the MG100 line have the shoddiest fans in the back ever.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Dom5412
There's nothing wrong with them at all. They are what they are. Low priced amps. The only reason you hear alot of shit about them is becaus UG is a bandwagon site, basically.

No, there is plenty wrong with them.

Most other amps in the price range don't have so many problems, MG's are really unreliable.

And for the price of a MG30DFX you can get a Cube 30. MG's aren't worth thier price. Even if they were cheaper they wouldn't be worth it because no amp that will fail on you will ever be worth it.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
I've played a Marshall MG and a VOX Pathfinder 10, both 10 watts. The VOX was cheaper, iirc. I personally prefer the VOX sound, on both clean and overdrive.
Quote by Dom5412
UG is a bandwagon site

haha

Thats probably the most truthful statement i've read at this site in my year-long snore.

MGs sux though.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
well...... im not going to lie but so far i dont like the marshall sound/tone well from the solid states at least but i havnt tried the vavle ones yet.......
Quote by striker327
well...... im not going to lie but so far i dont like the marshall sound/tone well from the solid states at least but i havnt tried the vavle ones yet.......

Tone from an MG is not "The Marshall Tone."

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
my 1970 Marshall 100-watt Super Lead kicked major butt but the new ones I've tried (under $1000.00) sound like crap - Marshall isn't Marshall anymore... Maybe the new Vintage might be OK but I'd only go OLD Marshall at this point if I wanted to buy a Marshall. I bought a small MG and it sounded like crap unless you like the sound of BEES in a tin can.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
sound quality isnt too good in them

i think they only good tone you can get in a Muddy Distortion (not usually 'good') for some type of Black metal or something of the likes
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by The Casualty
It sounds like shit.

nice! so true.
[/thread]
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
See what Marshall did was take them crappy 10 watt sp Squire amps you get, and paint it gold and slap Marshall on the front and there you go 100% Marshall tone only $750 for this amp of raw power. No joke
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
See what Marshall did was take them crappy 10 watt sp Squire amps you get, and paint it gold and slap Marshall on the front and there you go 100% Marshall tone only $750 for this amp of raw power. No joke

sadly it is a joke
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Jesus Christ, how many fucking times? How many? Search!

I've owned this topic before, and I'll own it again. I won't go into detail, but here is the main point:

MG's are good amps. But they suck compared to other Marshalls and tube amps.
I have had this Marshall MG15CDR for almost a year. It blows. I've tried higher wattage MGs. They're just louder. I've tried the DFX versions. They're just more expensive and suck all the same. My amp breaks up all the time, even on low volumes on the clean channel, and it annoys the hell out of me. I've tried several other amps around the same price range. They were all far better(excluding that Spider II) than any of the MGs I've tried. Also, the Marshall AVT series is much better than the MG series, but they're way overpriced. If you want a Marshall, you're gonna want a tube.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I havent seen anyone mention the MG250, i have had it for a few year now with limited movement really, and its in great condition and personally it sounds great and can be used to compliment certin tones pretty good. Of course it's no match for my JCM 2000 but ya know, its not bad.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
I have had this Marshall MG15CDR for almost a year. It blows. I've tried higher wattage MGs. They're just louder. I've tried the DFX versions. They're just more expensive and suck all the same. My amp breaks up all the time, even on low volumes on the clean channel, and it annoys the hell out of me. I've tried several other amps around the same price range. They were all far better(excluding that Spider II) than any of the MGs I've tried. Also, the Marshall AVT series is much better than the MG series, but they're way overpriced. If you want a Marshall, you're gonna want a tube.

If you are comparing a solid state 15 watt amp with anything you can't really say much. They don't have the bass the larger speakers do.

As for 120 watt solid state practice amps, my favorite is the Line 6 spider II or III. They do what they are meant to do...be a kick ass practice amp with a lot of tones, effects built in, and programmable channels. I woudn't use on for a show unless it was miked up.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio