GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
rofl this actualy made me laugh

i see absolutly no point in it but... it cant hurt...
whats so funny?

I read playing a bass guitar through a guitar amp would damage it. I was guessing it's because of the speakers so I asked a simple question. When I plug headphones into the line out of the amp I can hear it. Turning the volume knob only makes the sound louder on the speaker, not the headphones. Even if it's at 0 volume I can hear myself playing through the earphones and the volume is controlled by the knob on the guitar. So if I do this, I wont be using the guitar amp speaker.

I asked this because I cant afford a bass amp and mainly wanted to use it for recording lines through my recording interface. I would hook a cable up from the amp line out to my recording interface and listen through headphones connected to it.
I played a bass through a Vox AD30VT at bedroom volumes for about 3 months until I got my bass amp and it worked fine.
Yeah it should work fine mate, but whatever you do, don't play a bass through the speakers on a guitar amp. I wanted to know if it was true so I bought a bass off a friend for 60 bux, played it through my old behringer v-tone 15 watt, after like 2 days, it sounds completely different... one day I'll probably sell the amp to some noob for almost full price

EDIT: And by different I mean worse, eg. distorted even on clean, and stuff, I haven't really used my guitar with it lately, but I know it sounds different...
oh ok my bad....

even if u dont use headphones, as long as u dont crank up the volume the amp should be fine
That's fine because then your amp speaker is basically off. I did that before I got a bass amp.
Take a look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will...
Quote by sunshineshankar
whats so funny?

I read playing a bass guitar through a guitar amp would damage it. I was guessing it's because of the speakers so I asked a simple question. When I plug headphones into the line out of the amp I can hear it. Turning the volume knob only makes the sound louder on the speaker, not the headphones. Even if it's at 0 volume I can hear myself playing through the earphones and the volume is controlled by the knob on the guitar. So if I do this, I wont be using the guitar amp speaker.

I asked this because I cant afford a bass amp and mainly wanted to use it for recording lines through my recording interface. I would hook a cable up from the amp line out to my recording interface and listen through headphones connected to it.
Your amp seems to work in a strange way turning the volume down should also affect the line out, but yes guitar speakers are not designed for a Bass Guitars lower frequencies.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn