Page 1 of 5

The ds-1 is getting alot less use though, plus i should be getting a chorus and a wah soon
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
hey rob bass man, how does that crybaby for bass sound. Ive looked into it, but dont know of anyone who actually has one.
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-P-Bass-Special-5-5String-Bass?sku=510581

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Original-Crybaby-Wah-Pedal?sku=151000

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-BP50-Bass-Floor-Modeling-Pedal?sku=150844

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-BT100-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=487803

(yes, in that order)

I know it is improperly set up, but it works awesomely! Hell, if I set my mullti-effect to auto-wah, I can imitate the sound of a Didigeridoo by manipulating my wah pedal!

Quote by Nightmare_xxx
sorry i can't be sacked taking a pic right now

Badass. :0 How the thing sound?
Last edited by Fast_Bear at Jan 19, 2007,

yeeeee son
My gear:
Spector Legend Classic (4 str)
Ampeg BA115
Korg AX3000B Modeling Processor

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member of the "Shoop da Whoop" club. PM C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Lydian_Mode
hey rob bass man, how does that crybaby for bass sound. Ive looked into it, but dont know of anyone who actually has one.

it sounds great dude, good for chilis n that :P

sounds ace with distortion too

Its a pretty good multi effects pedal for the price

Quote by Fast_Bear
^ D: Dear god I came!

ROFL, i spewed my coke!!!
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun

From left to right, Morley Black/Gold Wah Volume, Boss TU-2, Digitech Bass Multi Chorus, Tech21 Sansamp BDDI, Digitech Whammy. I dont use the Morley anymore because it takes 2 9v batteries and its discontinued now so it would be hard to find an adapter.
^ Have you ever thought about a dunlop powerblock?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by gtdude114
^ Have you ever thought about a dunlop powerblock?

Could you explain what that is?.... a powersupply I'm guessing?
Yeah, its a powersupply for all ur pedals into one block that takes up one outlet. its nice. Especially for shows
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:

Pedals :
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Its called a DC-Brick for $100
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:

Pedals :
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Yeah I have one of those(it came with the pedalboard) but the problem is that the chords that came with it to supply the power to your pedals wont fit in my whammy. and the other chords aren't "L" cables so its harder to plug them in.
Iunno, i dont have one, but when i bought my crybaby, i saw it on the side of the box
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:

Pedals :
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Here's my current pedal setup, I can't wait until tomorrow (hopefully) to welcome home my new EHX Nano Small Stone straight from EHX's NYC factory right to GC waiting for me.

haha
Haha, Metal's Muff is revealed, along with his settings. Now to copy them and claim them for my own...

Btw, how are you getting it straight from the factory to GC? Are you going through your inside man?

EDIT: I'll post all my pedals once my newest comes in, the Nano Metal Muff.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by Stolenidentity1

Its a pretty good multi effects pedal for the price

Man i have that pedal... MOST of the sounds are pretty much the same thing. The "Space" effect is hot though. Also the fretless.

Thank god i got it for free. I said my amp broke and the warrenty(sp?) gave me a check and i bought alot of random sh!t for my bass. Oh the amp wasnt broken, i was just tooooo lazy to change my active pickups batteries.
^

Yeah, changed the amp effects, Changed to fretless, turned to auto-wah, Changed something else and to make everything better I turned on the drum machine to "Rock 2" i believe.

I tune my bass everytime i move from one house to some other outdoors place, My gig bag is very soft and barely fits the bass. The head stock comes out. Hits the trunk of a car. IT NEVER GETS out of tune.

LAWL, im laughing so loud about the " That i think he doesnt really even tune his guitar."
mountain dew, i can't see your pic

"There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed."
Quote by hatebreed219
Haha, Metal's Muff is revealed, along with his settings. Now to copy them and claim them for my own...

Btw, how are you getting it straight from the factory to GC? Are you going through your inside man?

EDIT: I'll post all my pedals once my newest comes in, the Nano Metal Muff.

I'll get a more straight angle shot for easier settings thievery.

One interesting note, I find on my active bass, the normal no mode sounds like distortion, maybe a bit on the fuzzy side, and the top boost mode is MURDEROUSLY beautiful in its bite and distorted tone, and good for the soloing deal, but especially good for heavy riffing, yet on my school's passive bass (I play a Squier by choice at school, the school's Squier P > the school's American Deluxe P in almost all aspects) the normal mode is thick fat distortion, and the top boost mode sounds almost SHRILL. It's an interesting pedal.

And Mountaindew, I can't see your pic!

Post it on imageshack dude, I wanna see.

Oh, and Guitar Center doesn't generally stock the Nano Small Stone, so they had to special order one in. But, yes, my guy did do it for me, even though it is generally a pain to have to deal with most companies straight on, he did me a hell of a solid.
haha
It's not bad, but I'd like a more "Wahing" wah. On the low notes it sounds really huge, but on the higher frets it really things out.

Overall, it's better than a normal crybaby, but I wanna try out a Morley or something else and compare and contrast it with the weeping demon, as I'm not quite 100% satisfied. But, I'm keeping it as a wah isn't that high on my priority list as of right now, so I don't care.

Go for one used, a c-note on one of these is a waste.
haha
i dont know about all you guys who posted your bass crybaby in this thread and said its good, but i was a bit disapointed when i bought mine. firstly it didnt work well with my ibanez pd7, not much presence. secondly, it doesnt filter the low E and notes around it as well as i thought it would; sounded as if i was using a guitar wah with my bass. but i would say its main strength would be for clean, funk type of basslines. or chording.

anyways, to metaluptheass: does the weeping demon "wail" or is it more subtle?
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey GnFnR, what does the whammy sound like with the bass because i wanted to buy a bass whammy but cant find them anywhere?
Quote by Bumper

Flyingmarlin, how does that bass synth wah sound, im looking for a decent envelope filter?
Quote by Bumper

Quote by indie-bassist
Hey GnFnR, what does the whammy sound like with the bass because i wanted to buy a bass whammy but cant find them anywhere?

Ever try finding a Bass Delay before? :P Some effects will work on both Bass and Guitar the exact same way! And I have used a Tremolo on my Bass before (not THAT particualr Tremolo, but a Tremolo none the less) And it really does sound good on a Bass.

Usually Zoom multi-effects with built in expression pedals have Tremolo effects on em.And probably other multi-effects with expression pedals in em.
but meh, I am not really that much of a multi-effect guy. XD I like old school analouge effects!
Quote by indie-bassist
Flyingmarlin, how does that bass synth wah sound, im looking for a decent envelope filter?

IMO its not very good, you will be better off with the electroharmonics one TBH.

i bought it for no real reason

i can get some weird sounds outa it tho
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
IMO its not very good, you will be better off with the electroharmonics one TBH.

i bought it for no real reason

i can get some weird sounds outa it tho

Ever try setting it up so that your Wah comes right before your enveloupe filter? :P
Now THAT is a weird (yet awesome) sound!
Page 1 of 5