I generally suck with any new song.. and haven't mastered a whole song yet
Like right now I'm trying to tackle La Grange with just a tab to go off of. But I pretty much suck at it. Some of the tricks and the solo give me trouble. But is that just part of becoming good? Like, is that normal? And after a long time of practice it'll turn good? A necessary step?
play it continously..im not really good in solo too..but i kept played it,and it still not good to me..
Yeah everyone tells me that starting off is really hard but once you get past that point it gets much easier, with practice. I'm still at the part where it's really hard.
You just suck.

Kill yourself now to avoid further troubles.

But seriously, I know what you mean. Just think of it this way: how long would it have taken you to learn La Grange when you had played guitar for 2 months?

Eh? Doesn't seem too bad now does it?
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Learning a song takes time. The longer you've played, the less time it takes, but everyone sucks when they first try to learn something.
Quote by amazingdm
I generally suck with anything and haven't mastered a whole song yet
Like right now I'm trying to tackle my manhood with just a tab to go off of. But I pretty much suck at it. Some of the tricks involved give me trouble. But is that just part of becoming good? Like, is that normal? And after a long time of practice it'll turn good? A necessary step towards not being a pussy?

Fixed
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
this reminded me when i first played a song from lifehouse...i said at that time "what the hell im playing?"...

erm,hey Xinlitik, ZootCst, Gyroscope , how do you duys make your own avatar?
You seem to just give up with everything you try. As I said in your previous thread, it's apathy.

We all suck when we start playing guitar, you've just got to work towards getting better by putting time and effort in. So, yes, to answer your question: It's all part of becoming a better player. Of course you're going to hit roadblocks along the way, we all do. Getting passed them is what will make you a better player.

Instead of making threads like this, first ask yourself if it's logical that anybody could pick up an istrument and not have problems.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jan 19, 2007,
I was terrible for about 3/4 months when I first started, but believe me it gets easier