18h=20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18h20p18----18-|
|-----------19----------19----------19----------19----------19----------19----------19--

In this tab, you hammer the 19 with your middle/rude finger right? i don't see how you can pick all three without it sounding smooth, and when i hammer it i can bearly hear it, just the 18h20p18 part.

Thanks
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
when i play that, i play it as the tab says, pick the 18, then hammer the 18 onto 20, pull 20 off to 18 and then pick 19 on the next string
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

really? but that seems incredibly hard to me, how do you suddenly pick the 19 like that? do you up stroke it?
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
yes up stroke it. Lot's of solos are like this, it just takes practice.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Yeah i noticed one similar in Epic by faith no more..anyway thanks for the help.
if your looking for a short cut what I did at first was barre the e and b string at the 18th fret and instead of bringing a finger up the fret the 19th fret I just played it on the 18th, it sounds pretty much the same, but if you want to play it perfectly just practice a lot