Hello Everyone,

I hope this is posted in the right place!

I have an electrial accoustic (stagg) and I am very happy with it... but the bottom string keeps on vibrating against the frets half way up the neck, no matter how firmly I place my fingers.

Is there any way to stop this???

Thanks for any advise
FH1

Ps. This is a great site, thanks to all the contributors!
Raise the action.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
yep... like a buzz, that's it!... on the fattest string.

What does raise the action mean?? sorry, I am still learning the lingo!
I take it you don't know the most about guitars am i right?
Well basicaly, your strings are too low and are hitting other frets to make a buzz, you just have to raise the action which is the string height.

EDIT:The action is the string height and to raise it (I'm not too sure on an electro acoustic) you'll have to diddle around with the bridge a bit.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I take it you don't know the most about guitars am i right?
Well basicaly, your strings are too low and are hitting other frets to make a buzz, you just have to raise the action which is the string height.

oh i see! thanks... i'll try it.
How high the strings are is called the action. If you raise the strings higher off the fretboard you probably won't have the buzz.

Edit: I just realised you said acoustic electric. On electric the action is easily adjusted with a screwdriver. On an acoustic it could be difficult if you can't change the bridge and may need to replace the nut.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Last edited by burntfacedog at Jan 19, 2007,
you don't change the whole bridge just the bone saddle, what might work is putting a small shim under the bass side of the saddle but that might effect the pickup if its an under saddle one
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
Thanks everyone... I think I may have to look into different strings... there doesn't seem any way to adjust the height (see picture)

I am going to a Guitar Shop this afternoon!

Dunno what string I have at the moment
Attachments:
DSCF0558.jpg