I used to be of the school of though that a pedal with true bypass was better for your tone than one that wasnt but then I found this and wasnt so sure. Follow the link and let the debate begin ! ! ! !

True bypass
why the **** would u link pedals with a two foot cable????? and u dont need a 30 ft cable form board to guitar anyway. Plus i think he's talking about having seperate true bypass units, not pedals with true bypass already in them.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Jan 19, 2007,
why the **** would u link pedals with a two foot cable????? and u dont need a 30 ft cable form board to guitar anyway.QUOTE]

I think he was just using it as an over exagerated example.

I used to have several pedals, all true bypass. The signal loss was unbelievable so I went with pedals that werent true bypass and it sounded much better.
weeell im not so sure, a true bypass system in a pedal cant add in extra length to your connection because even when the pedal is on the signal still has to travel that distance accross your pedal. Tbh it probably all depends on your rig anyways.
Yeah true. In my rig, I was runnin a 20 ft lead from the pedals to the amp and then another 2 20ft leads back to the pedalboard from the fx loop. When I got rid of the true bypass pedals and replaced em with non true bypass the problem got better