Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew, or had a wiring diagram for putting a three way switch with two pickups, two tone pots and one volume for a strat. I can get the pups and volume right but I am really stuck with the two tone pots.

Any help AT ALL would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
You might be able to find an old wiring schem for a 50s or 60s Strat, that'll tell you how to do it. Search online. You might even find one on the Fender website.

Why do you wanna do it anyway?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Well I only want the two pick ups (they are a lace gold and hot gold sensor), I have also got a special circuit made by a well known guitarists ex-tech that replaces the cheap 'cap' system, so I think I am better off speaking to him, I just didnt want to look like a complete noob, also he is really busy and sometimes takes a while to get back and im being impatient and want it now. I have spent the last few hours searching, I thought I would be able to find a few signature model strats that have this sort of set-up, but no luck as of yet. Thanks anyway, i'll keep on lookin
^hey thanks thats a help, I just want a little better understanding on how that switch works.
Last edited by Master Shake at Jan 20, 2007,
Well I ended up wiring like a standard Strat HH but I did buy the wrong pots, I bought solid shaft I'm not even sure how i managed that but everything works great except the volume pot, which doesnt really do a lot at all. Any ideas

Ive done it just like on the diagram (other than the circuit). Is it the pot, or the only thing I have done differently was sold the black wire from the circuit to the volume pot were it was originally on the second tone, this should be a ground so I didnt think it would make much difference (it couldnt reach the tone pot.)