Hey guys, ill make this short, where can i actually find a list of the major scales ALL listed together. I find the different patterns to some of the scales all over the internet but no complete one.

Basically the ones that look like this, this is the first pattern of scale E

http://dir.theirvins.com/guitar/tutorials/scales/images/emaj_1.png

Is there any where i can find all patterns for all scales, A C G whatever =)

thanks, ps. yeah i did search the forums and the lesson section, i found nothing.
If you have one pattern, it is movable. SO say you have the E major scale, just move the root note to say the 3rd fret and it will become the G major scale or if you move it to the 5th fret it will become the A major scale. This works for any scale, the root note is what is important.
i tried doing that but the pattern that i want ,which is pattern 5 couldnt be found on the other scales, let me give it another shot, also thanks for a fast reply =), really appreciate it.
You shouldn't think of scales in terms of box shapes. Scales are just collections of notes, they span the entire fretboard.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yea scales keep the same shape, all you do is move the whole thing over several frets, depending on what scale your looking for
how do you read a scale, im just looking at the blues scale for right now but im trying to figure out where to start and what it all means.
What do you mean by read a scale? Read a fretboard diagram of a scale?

Well, going vertically, the line all the way to the left is the low E string. All the way to the right is the high E. The horizontal lines are the frets. The frets on the strings marked by a circle are the notes you play.
The dark circles are the root note of the scale.

And...It is like tab in the sense that the low E is on the bottopm and the high E is on the top, but the frets go sideways - another way to look at it is to imagine that the guitar is on your lap, full-body flat down, with the string side facing up. It's like a top view of the fretboard.
Sweet Scales. I would like to know also though, Say a C Pent minor in the 1st position is different than in say the 2nd and 3rd and so on. Do you guy's memorize every position to every scale you learn?
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Quote by halfstacked
Sweet Scales. I would like to know also though, Say a Cminor pent in the 1st position is different than in say the 2nd and 3rd and so on. Do you guy's memorize every position to every scale you learn?

Again, you need to stop thinking of scales as box shapes. Scales are collections of notes that span the entire fretboard. And yes, I memorize them over the entire fretboard.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
rather than learn the positions, it's easier to learn where ALL the notes are on the fretboad, and then remember what notes are integral to your particualr scale, and be sure to make use of them.
Quote by frigginjerk
rather than learn the positions, it's easier to learn where ALL the notes are on the fretboad, and then remember what notes are integral to your particualr scale, and be sure to make use of them.

That makes more sense to me than anything I have heard

Thank You
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
I think people throw away a lot of important training by just finding some piece of paper with, fx, all the major scales.

If you really want to improve, you write these kind of papers yourself, and you make up your own rules for remembering the major scales.

And come on... Playing the major scales really is not that hard...............