i couldnt sleep and spent all night just playing and found an easy way to do pitch harmonics ..... if you hold your pick to were you hit your strings with the rounded side then this will work easily for you, if you pick the other way it is harder to do it my way, but its still possible.

1 go into a short riff

2 lightly palm mute the string you are trying to do the harmonic on ( helps if its a higher tuned string than the ones you were doing your ' riff ' on )

3 start your bend on the desired fret ( easier to a fret above 9 on a high tuned string when starting out ), quickly release the pm and go into step 4

4 pluck the string right to the side of a pickup with a quick rolling downward motion ( not a strum , but actually pluck the string like your trying to pull it away from you ) and continue your bend ..... the firmer and higher the better

this is the easiest pitch harmonic for me ..... its a fill from crazy train

e --------------------------------
B --------------------------------
G -----------------------7*-----
D --------------7-----7 (light mute)
A 4---4---4---5----------------
E 2---0---2---------------------
Fucking Metal all the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music page
what I do for pinch harmonics is lay my picking hand's pinky on the string I'm playing and I lift it up right after I pluck it. May not make sense, but It works...

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
PINCH harmonic...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
i flick it with the finger at the same time, works every time
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Jdawg5tl

the firmer and higher the better

Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
i just hit the string with my thumb when i pick
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
i just hit the string with my thumb when i pick

+1

I knew a guy who would hit a natural harmonic and then fret it on the same fret right after... all these people trying to get around good ol' practice.
Well done, you've just taught us to do something we already know. Feel good about yourself.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Well done, you've just taught us to do something we already know. Feel good about yourself.

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard , the purpose of this thread was to just post my style or way of doing something , ive tried the thumb and pinky way but i do them every time this way and its done naturally instead of two completely different motions ..... anyways , just because you know how to do something doesnt mean you know every thing about it ..... just look at war , just because you go to war , doesnt mean you've seen every aspect of warfare ..... thats why you comunicate with people to take in information and share advice , which was the purpose of this damn thread anyways ..... and ' you've just taught us to do something we already know. ' doesnt make any since if you were directing that to me b / c you dont know ' everyone ' and ' everyone ' before you that came to this thread say they use their pinky or thumb , so what you said makes no sense at all ..... i know i sound like an asshole , but **** it this dude doesnt have a ****ing clue as to what reality is and is just running his ****ing mouth without knowing a damn thing
Fucking Metal all the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music page
It doesn't sound right when I try it, I'm probably doing it wrong. However, I already learned pinch harmonics, so I'm good.
Aren't you just bending a pinch harmonic, something near everybody does anyway?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Jdawg5tl
thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard , the purpose of this thread was to just post my style or way of doing something , ive tried the thumb and pinky way but i do them every time this way and its done naturally instead of two completely different motions ..... anyways , just because you know how to do something doesnt mean you know every thing about it ..... just look at war , just because you go to war , doesnt mean you've seen every aspect of warfare ..... thats why you comunicate with people to take in information and share advice , which was the purpose of this damn thread anyways ..... and ' you've just taught us to do something we already know. ' doesnt make any since if you were directing that to me b / c you dont know ' everyone ' and ' everyone ' before you that came to this thread say they use their pinky or thumb , so what you said makes no sense at all ..... i know i sound like an asshole , but **** it this dude doesnt have a ****ing clue as to what reality is and is just running his ****ing mouth without knowing a damn thing

Why don't you cry about you big baby
Why would you need an 'easy way' to do pinch harmonics? They are extremely easy to do anyways.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by Jdawg5tl

I vote this the most blabbering, near incoherent post in the history of the Pit. I give you my Seal of Blabbering Wussiness.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
It sucks being a kinesthetic learner

Because I can't do things without an example...Meh, oh well, I already know how to do this, some guy taught me a few years back
am i just tired or TS makes no sense?
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by Jdawg5tl

You sound grumpy, you should get some sleep.
ಥ_ಥ
isnt that crazy train riff supposed to be a natural harmonic? at least i thought it always sounded that way... i find that doing it the normal way is easier than ure way
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.