playfielder
1,016 IQ
I dont listen to hardcore music, or metal core or screamo or hardcore or christcore or anything thing. But through all the labels "post-harcore" didnt make sense to me.
What does it mean. post means after, so is it "after hardcore", meaning there is no hard core? Or is it the same as hardcore but some artist pretended to be different.
What is the musical difference between hardcore and post hardcore???
Please check out my band!
Influences are Dream Theater, Opeth, Vai. That sorta stuff! We have a sweet guitarist whose only 18

www.myspace.com/playfieldband
Last edited by playfielder at Jan 19, 2007,
Jeff Manthei
Banned
62 IQ
i think it means that they are trying to be hardcore but hardcore was awhile back... so they are trying to re-invent it... i could be wrong...
TV Party
212 IQ
After hardcore, meaning bands that are major influenced by hardcore bands of the past.

Not sure how else to describe it.
"i'd give my soul to be where i was a year ago... if i had a soul left to give"
BassNewbie
308 IQ
After hardcore, meaning bands that are major influenced by hardcore bands of the past.

Not sure how else to describe it.

theres not a better way to descibe it.

listen to thursday as cities burn or static lullaby if you wanna know what it sounds like
adm.uk
255 IQ
Fugazi, At The Drive In or These Arms Are Snakes would be a better example.
GibsonPuppeteer
Why yes, it's me.
91 IQ
I hate all these fake ass genres that people have to come up with to label bands that sound exactly the same. Genres are generalizations, not groups who copy each other. Post Hardcore, Hardcore, Metalcore, and all those other dumb classifications are just mixtures of metal, punk, and emo that need to feel better about themselves.
STABxYOU
Keeps Punk Rock Elite
982 IQ
Post-Hardcore is a movement that developed out of hardcore when musicians in hardcore bands got tired of playing hardcore. Essentially it's hardcore derived indie rock.
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
There is a genre dictionary here, read the description. If you need more help on it, post in there.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)