I reallise that i'm not american but since it is the dominant nation what you do affects us al. Although this is clearly propaganda just the same as you see whenever you watch the news or a politition opens his mouth, even when you do read between the lines it is worrying. However I will admit the second half is a little far fetched, but given the evidence presented in it I think certsin elements of the american system need reivaluation.

http://movies.peekvid.com/s4195/e55741/
http://movies.peekvid.com/s4195/e55742/
I think the ENTIRE American government should retire, or go to prison, whichever.
I'm only like 10 minutes in but so far this is stupid. America was actually the last country out of industrialized nations to create an independent, central bank. So....obviously what this guy is saying is retarded.
Gear:

ESP EX-102
Marshall AVT150 Half-Stack
the existence if a centralised bank isn't the issue it's the fact that that bank is making the americans pay taxes based on a law that does not exist and is therefore acting illegaly
well there is a constitutional amendment apparently that says we have to pay taxes. I'd actually almost guarantee that this movie is a piece of propaganda commissioned by a rich person. You guys are taking everything this movie says as gospel, when probably most of it is bull and he is excluding a lot of things that would weaken his case. Fact is, middle and lower class people get more out of the income tax then rich people (who don't benefit at all). Personally, I think this is an attempt to get rid of the income tax so rich people don't have to pay for it. Plus, it doesn't really make sense that we are using it to pay interest on our national debt since we didn't even have a national debt under Clinton. So i don't know what we were using the taxes for then.

edit: also this guy was complaining about the amendment not being ratified by all states. It doesn't have to be!!!! For an amendment to be ratified it only has to be ratified by like 3/4 of the states. 42 out of i think the 48 we had at the time is easily that.

edit 2: One of the arguments saying it was never ratified:

"Some tax protesters, conspiracy investigators, and others opposed to income taxes cite what they contend is evidence that the Sixteenth Amendment was never "properly ratified." One such argument is that because the legislatures of various states passed resolutions of ratification with different capitalization, spelling of words, or punctuation marks (e.g. semi-colons instead of commas) from the text proposed by Congress, those states' ratifications were invalid"
Gear:

ESP EX-102
Last edited by benjaminr at Jan 19, 2007,
I think the reason were all screwed is because that tard Bush is in charge
silly people worrying is for emos.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
man....i've been doing some research on the stuff this guy is saying....its all basically wrong and totally slanted towards his opinion.
Gear:

ESP EX-102
yea, i think american politicians are taking a move towards fascism. I don't believe there is a huge ocnpsiracy, but if you look at recent events (patriots act, military commisions act, fixed elections, an unjustified war) then america really doesn't seem to have a bright future
example of something he is leaving out: The Supreme Court said that the 16th amendment gave Congress no new taxing powers.....what he left out of that statement is that the Supreme Court said that it gave Congress no new taxing powers because it already had the ability to do so. The Court ruling also mentioned other things that the director of this documentary did not choose to mention that are relevant.
Gear:

ESP EX-102
Last edited by benjaminr at Jan 19, 2007,
Oh my a conspiracy if you wath this backwards bush tells you to take your pants off and show him your dragon !