My dad got me the Ibanez Jumpstart pack for xmas, I love it.. Just wondering if this guitar is any good ? Here are the specs
Neck: GRG neck
NeckType: GRG
Body: Basswood body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Pearl Dot
Bridge: Fixed bridge
NeckPU: STD-H1 covered pu
MiddlePU: STD-H2 covered pu
HWcolor: BK

It also came with an amp, the Ibanez GTA15R, Which I don't know how good that is either..

Thanks in advance
its basically a starter with no good quality value, but u gotta start somewhere...
very good i still have mine ive been through several other guitars , and this is still my favorite
ibanez rocks
compare it to a squier and maybe it´s good..But it is a beginner´s guitar (like the amp) and when you get better and get into guitar playing you´ll have to upgrade!

Play On!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
yea, I figured I will upgrade eventually.. I just remember the guy at the guitar place saying "There are going to be times when this guitar limits you", I was like uhhh whatever that means.
i still use my beloved ibanez grx, the older version of the jumpstart i think
Top lel.
Yeah, if you like the guitar, you'll want to upgrade to a better version, like the RG321(if you wanna stick with the fixed bridge), or the RG350DX or EX models(for a halfway decent whammy system). As for amps, Ibanez makes another decent alternative, the Tone Blaster 25R (the R stands for Reverb), which I use and love. Of course, you'll wanna upgrade to tube later once you're in a band and getting ready to preform.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Of course, the choices I listed for guitars are more leaned towards metal and hard rock. If you have other musical preferences, you'll want to try out other models by Ibanez (or another company of your choice, I'm just using Ibanez as an example). The Artcore line is great for Blues and Jazz, country, rockabilly, and classic or pop rock. And the GSA (I think that's what it was) is also more of a blues/rock guitar. It all depends on your preference.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
No not really, but its a starting guitar.. Everyone starts on a cheap Squier bundle or Encore, or equivalent. A few years down the line, you'll require tone and other necessities with your equipment, thus will have to upgrade.
I like the style of music that Incubus does, I believe it's soft rock to hard rock.. Really unsure with them, it's always changing.
I hate it when someone describes someone's starter package as junk. They ARE cheaply made, of course, in order to entice would-be players into purchasing them. Some people don't take to playing very well, even if the really desire to be good. Why should they wait to save up a zillion dollars or more just to test the waters?

The guy at the guitar place is going to plant the "upgrade" seed in your head, he wants your return business, and he isn't exactly pulling your leg about the need to do so in the future. The starter rigs won't stand up under hard playing for very long, they aren't really built to last, and you won't be able to get certain tones out of it. But I can't get LP tones from my Strat, and I can't get my strat to sound like my Tele either.

Take the thing to a luthier, get a fret dressing so they are level with no sharp edges, and make sure the neck is straight and it intonates correctly. Just about anything can be made playable.
mrbreeze, thanks for the response... I do realize that the guitar isn't "the greatest" per say, but I also realize that I will eventually upgrade if I believe the guitar is correct for me. thanks again