The rest of the UG metal fans here seem to be really really into extreme metal for the most part. NOW, for whatever reason, a lot of good metal bands have been being labeled metalcore and snubbed by UG fans in recent times. For EXAMPLE:

The Black Dahlia Murder is most certainly Swedish Death Metal-derived and yet I bet many of you will deride them as shitty metalcore.

Unearth, if you've ever truly listened to their music or been to a show of theirs, is metal first and hardcore-influenced second. Imo they are probably 80% metal and 20% core so why the label of metalcore un-hesistatingly slapped on them. So they're not Nile or Opeth. They're still american metal.

All Shall Perish. They have some breakdowns but so do other bands most everyone will deem "metal" (Suffocation, for one). They are death/grind and have a breakdown here or there. This does not make them illegitmate. Listen to the lead guitarist's skill. He kicks some serious ass.

Shadows Fall. Ok, besides the OBVIOUSLY BAD SINGING, they are melodic thrash. I'm not gonna argue this one much, cuz Brian Fair really is a horrible excuse for a singer. But Jon Donais is a great lead player and the MUSIC written is certainly metal. Yet alot of you will lable them metalcore.

I'm not looking to get flamed here. And if you feel you can explain your bias against these bands WITHOUT FLAMING then I openly welcome you. I've posted a similar thread before in the Artists and Bands general section but that got closed after a little while and so I come here to discuss it with those whose opinion weighs in most out of anyone.

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOTE THAT I HAVE UG METAL FORUMS TO THANK FOR RECC'ING ME TO LISTEN TO SUCH AMAZING BANDS LIKE: AT THE GATES, CRYPTOPSY, KREATOR, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, NECROPHAGIST, VITAL REMAINS, AND SPAWN OF POSSESSION. FOR THIS, I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS.

Now go about this argument/thing.

Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Black Dahlia Murder and All Shall Perish aren't metalcore and are accepted in this forum

As for Unearth, them along with LoG border on metal at times, but they're still metalcore

Shadows Fall are in a similar situations, just more generic. Melodic thrash doesn't exist.
I agree with you to an extent, Shadows Fall, really? thats a bit of a stretch maybe some of teh old stuff. Ive always seen Lamb of God as a metal band personally. Post-thrash, if you ask me. But I don't bitch about it because nothing will change the majority of metal fans around here because they are stuck in their ignorant ways.

All I am saying is at the end of the day, you listen to what you want to listen to and who cares where it is lableled
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god