I know these guys dont really deserve to be deemed "punk rawk," but I've come to find that many patrons of the punk scene have taken a liking to them. I've gotten into them quite a bit lately, and was wondering who else has taken an interest in them?
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Because people aren't restricted to one sort of music. Just because I like Sly and the Family Stone and P-Funk doesn't stop me from listening to Arch Enemy and Children Of Bodom.

EDIT: I've only heard a few songs by them but they seem pretty good.
are they racist. someone told me they were racist...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I love them! Are they racist, because I have never heard anything racist.
Tommorow never knows

Member of the "I Can't (and Refuse To) Shred" Club. PM joshsirjoshules to join.

Member of the Grateful DeadFan Club. PM deadhead313 to join

Put and end to Racism!
Wow, um...I have never sen such musical ignorance in my life.
Tommorow never knows

Member of the "I Can't (and Refuse To) Shred" Club. PM joshsirjoshules to join.

Member of the Grateful DeadFan Club. PM deadhead313 to join

Put and end to Racism!
Mindless Self Indulgence should not be considered punk... I listen to alot of electronic so I do like them alot. Johnny Urine is hilarious. I see where you get the 'theyre rasict' thing from. I dont think they say what they say out of hate, but for pure humor. Their live shows are definatly a great time.
They're decent. I think they do show a little light racism though. They're considered Nu metal on UG btw.
I don't know them but by looking at Wikipedia, if they do say something like 'nigga' then I would say it's most likely ironic.
saying ****** does not mean they are racist. if they hav ever said anything that sounds racist i seriously doubt they meant it to be, a lot of the stuff they say is sarcastic or taking the piss out of someone. what they said may well have been speaking as though someone else like a quote. also they are quite successful and i cant imagine that would be possible for a racist band
Before I even heard their music I didn't like them because of the song title "I Hate Jimmy Page."
Before I even heard their music I didn't like them because of the song title "I Hate Jimmy Page."

they do not actually hate jimmy page. that song is called that to wind people up. mainly those people who love classic rock and think modern music is shit because they are so small minded. those type of people who consider themselves better than other people because they like classic rock and truley belive it is better. having met those types i know that the title will work well and annoy them greatly because people like that dont really think very much.
i think theyre a great band, amazing shock value, not gory or anything like GWAR, but awsome, theyre like completely not racist or bigoted, they hate people liek that

theyve put it on their cds stuff like "if your bigoted or racist dnt buy ours cs" and shit like that

parents hate them cause theyre "a bad influence"

they remind me of electronic GWAR

i havnet been to a live show personally, but ive seen footage and it looks awsome.

nigga, kill yourself, FUC.K, you suck DI.CK
Thanks to davey and Seth in the Chat, I DLed some of their songs.

Gonna grab me an album ASAP

Davey suggested, Frankenstein... any other recs?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
you'll rebel to anything, that album ****ing owns.

and yes i do love punk and MSI, they're coming to Birmingham in april can't wait!
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
youll rebel to anything is by far their best album. and im really liking Another mindless ripoff..

they have some crazy live shows too. Very entertaining stage antics..
My Gear
------------------------------------------------
Hamer Tobacco Sunburst Archtop (SATF)
Slammer Special - SP1 - Black
Breedlove Atlas AC200/SM
Tech21 TradeMark 60
Dunlop Rotovibe
Quote by Dragatear
Stupid MF is my favorite song by them.

hmm.. have to go with

1. Bull$hi+
2. I hate Jimmy page
3. Big Poppa
4. Stupid MF
My Gear
------------------------------------------------
Hamer Tobacco Sunburst Archtop (SATF)
Slammer Special - SP1 - Black
Breedlove Atlas AC200/SM
Tech21 TradeMark 60
Dunlop Rotovibe
Frankenstein Girls is my favorite album
Songs would include Backmask, I hate Jimmy Page, Cocaine and Toupees, Clarissa, Kill the Rock, Shut Me Up, Youll Rebel to anything, tom sawyer, capital p, unsociable

talk about random capitalization
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Bring The Pain!
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Wow I love MSI so much. They are one of my all time favorite bands. If you ever get the chance to see them, make sure you go to their show! Guaranteed you'll have an amazing time.

Plus their all really cool people in person.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Thanks to davey and Seth in the Chat, I DLed some of their songs.

Gonna grab me an album ASAP

Davey suggested, Frankenstein... any other recs?

Anything off you'll rebel to anything.

I just saw them live the other day, daaamn! They were awesome, only on for an hour though which I was a bit disappointed about. Still...
saw them live at proket rev.
good, but most of their stuff is crap only a few good songs. still a recomended live show
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
-Frank Zappa
I saw them live the other week, having never heard any of their songs previous to the show. I thought they were pretty damn good, and they put on a great live show.
There is poetry in despair.
MSI rock, I think I've got nearly all their albums. I've never considered them racist. I know they do go out of their way to p!ss their fans off though.
They're not racist, they're very anti-racism and anti-bigotry; I don't think they'd be fans of or cover songs of artists of different ethnicities if that were the case. I personally enjoy their music because it's not so serious, which you need sometimes.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
Quote by maccas666
They deserve to die for that shut me up song, they are a disgrace to metal!

Never heard of taking the piss out of something eh?
Quote by maccas666

This made me lol. How is it in any way disgracing metal? It's not even a metal song.
Quote by maccas666

haha
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...