Hey gang

Ive been busy for a little while over christmas and now UG has got my full attention, I've noticed a few things witin this forum!

Now, this forum is a really good forum, but I've seen a few things that shouldn't be here.

Id just like to quickly go over the rules so everyone knows which threads not to post in this forum.

1) Forum Description

I got this thing, and it has 6 strings... and I was wondering... what the heck do I do with it?

This suggests you already have a guitar or bass and are wondering how you play it etc.
Im pretty easy on this, feel free to post any questions about how you play it, what stuff means etc. Also includes bass .

This forum is not the place to talk about amps! If you wish to find out more about amps, click here

2) Stickies

Stickies are forum topics that are 'stuck' to the top of the forum. These are the main threads in the forum. They include how to replace strings, how to tune your guitar beginner tips etc.

Please use them. Threads are ask questions that can be asked in the stickies will be closed (an explaination will usually be given) or moved if applicable. If you are unsure, feel free to PM a mod.

3) VS threads

VS threads are for example: which guitar strat vs tele. This is not the place to ask these questions! A relative thread can be found in the electric guitar forum.

These include:
Guitar / Bass VS threads
Amp VS threads
"Should i get this guitar / amp / bass" threads

4) Offensive users and Spam

We dont usually get many offensive remarks in this forum, but it does occasionally happen. Spam can be a problem as well.

If a user is overally offensive they will be given a warning or a ban and their comment will be deleted. So there is no point in being offensive. Theres nothing big in it and you'll have nothing to prove.

Spam is not usually bad, and we do tolerate a little bit if its good natured. However, if its not constructive, ill-manered etc then it will be deleted straight away and you could be given a warning.

We dont want you to stop chatting and having fun, feel free to have a laugh within the thread.

5) Bumping / Threads without a question

These aren't allowed! This is a forum wide rule. Anyone posting in a thread just to bump it to the top will be spoken too.

Threads without a quesion are not allowed either. These types of thread will be looked at on an individual basis, however, warnings will not usually be given for this.

6) Advertising

Threads specifically advertising other websites are strictly forbidden. This is forum wide as well. They will not be tolerated and you could be given a ban for it and have the thread closed or deleted.

Giving links to other sites are allowed as long as its related to the questions being asked.

If I think of anything else then i will post it in here! Keep an eye out. Ill start enforcing these rules either tonight or tomorrow.

Take it easy! And have fun.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me.

Logz and Sonixon

Been away, am back

hey phil, we can change the "how to string a guitar" sticky title to a
"Q&A for guitar stringing"
questions and answers only.

might make it easier. sometimes i get random comments in between the questions.
just a suggestion, the system works, i just sometimes miss questions for a day or two, when someone posts something random and throws off my post search response.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Rock on.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
\m/

Im gonna try n help a lot more in here.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Sure Jenny Ill get on it tomorrow.
Anyone with ideas for the forum feel free to post here!
Been away, am back
ok thanks. that thread has become a bit of an obsession for me.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^haha.

You might wanna pop into the tuning thread sometimes too, there's always people asking about bridges and FRs and stuff that I don't have a clue about.

This forum generally runs pretty smoothly though
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
LAF, ok. i thought that was mostly drop tunings. i was used to letting phil answer all that confusing stuff.

*and thanks for the name change.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62