Hey I was wondering what are the different sound qaulities of a half or full stack. Kinda off that particular subject I also wanted to ask about my preamp and amp. I took my preamp off cause i wasn't using the effects on it, but it it cut my the volume of my amp significantly. I have a full stack and it was turned into the volume of a small radio. Thanks for the help.
what kind of amp do you have?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

If it's a good amp, the extra cab will make it sound more full and spread the sound out more.

But if you have some crappy SS head, it'll be the same crap sound, just a bit louder.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The preamp is what bumps the guitars signal up to line level, which is what the power amp needs to work with...if you don't have a pre-amp then your amplifier won't work, as the power amp is only getting an instrument level signal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a Peavey Classic 50/50 w/ a Peavey Rockmaster preamp. However i dont use the preamp settings so i figured i'd get rid of it.
you neeed a preamp to even get it to function
~My Gear~
ESP EX-50 (Dimarzio Steves Special in Bridge)
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100
Boss TU-2
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Cry Baby From Hell
Squier Strat
A full stack's output will be killer. Where are you going to be playing, large arena's?
I've got it to work with no preamp it just cuts the volume down. I can't crank it up. Well right now i'm not playing anywhere but when i do it will be bars most likley. I already have a full stack but I wasn't sure what type of sound or tone I would get out of a half stack. If I do go to have stack that means I would have to turn it up more(which I don't mind)and I heard that the more drive you put behind tube amps the better they sound.
just to answer any qeustions about gear here it is:
Peavey Classic 50/50 Tube amp
Peavey Rockmaster tube preamp
Peavey Cabinet w/ 4 12'' Scorpian Speakers
Peavey Cabinet w/ 4 12" Black Widow Speakers
Fender SRV sig. Strat w/ three Dimarzio Blue Velvet Neck Pickups
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss Metal Zone