I have a LTD MH-400 so it's mahogony body, i'm kinda looking for a tone like James Murphy or Muhammed Suicmez, currently I have EMG's. If I go for something like Evo's or X2N's would I really notice a difference from the EMG's? Their all high output and their all meant for pretty much the same thing right?
Yes you will notice a great difference, but I would keep the EMGs. Which EMGs do you have right know? 81/81?
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
81/85

I like the 81 but the 85 doesn't do anything for me. I use the neck pickup for soloing and bridge for rythym and i've had the pickups in both positions.

See, I kinda wanna ditch the 85, which would mean buying another 81, but if i'm buy a new pickup I could just buy 2 new ones and get a better sound. Plus the passive dimarzios would free up the 9v battery slot and I could put a nice killswitch in there.
Every single artist that I listen to who's tone I love is usually using Dimarzio's of some sort.
Would the X2N's be a good choice for a nice solo sound like aforementioned artists? Those are what buckethead sues right? They seem pretty versatile.
If I buy a set of Evo's will I have to buy new pots or anything because the guiatr was set-up for EMG's? Or do I just solder them in?
Is Muhammed Suicmez the Necrophagist fellah? The one with the new Ibanez sig, the Xiphos? The one that comes with the new Dimarzio D-Activator pickups?

...just a thought.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Whoa I didn't even know he had a new guitar. Yea, I think i'm just gonna go with the Evo's though, they will sound different from the EMG's right? And will I need to change pots or anything or can I just throw em in there?
Quote by steven seagull
Is Muhammed Suicmez the Necrophagist fellah? The one with the new Ibanez sig, the Xiphos? The one that comes with the new Dimarzio D-Activator pickups?

...just a thought.

So i see you got the job with Ibanez then!

YYZ, Evo's sound totally different to EMG's IMO, they are far more responsive to your playing and really bring out all the dynamics.

On the flip side they bring out all your mistakes too. I think you would have to change the pots as well as some other wiring stuff, but i could be wrong as i'm not that great with the electronic side of this stuff.

It's not too expensive to get it done by a guitar tech if you want to avoid the hassle.
Yea, people told me that about EMG's to though, like they bring out your mistakes and stuff. It'll teach me to clean up my playing then if we have any problems. I read on the site that it has a lot of "harmonic overtones" what does that mean? I also read on the site that if you have 500k pots, you should be fine but you might have to much high end in which case you should change to 250k pots. My guitar would have 500k pots though right?