I am having trouble downloading with P2P programs right now and don't know how to fix it. I have used multiple programs (Morpheus, Shareaza, and Limewire (gay i know)) and cannot attain DL speeds above 1 kb/sec. I have forwarded the ports that these programs run on and made exceptions for them in the Windows firewall, even turned off the firewall completely. Online help sites have said i could try configure my router but i dont use one, unless it is integrated or something. My connection is through a box that also provides our TV service but i dont know if it counts as a router.... i used to get speeds up to 110 kb/sec using Morpheus, and i used the same version when it stopped downloading at those speeds. That was about a month ago and no changes were made with my connection since so i dont know what to do. Any help is appreciated.
Have you got broadband? Your ISP might be giving you a bandwidth, and you may have exceeded that bandwidth. If that's true normally they slow down your internet to around 56.6k until the next month.
no there is nothing wrong with that part of it, i did online download speed tests and they are running at 1100+ kbps so its gotta be ports/router/ or the programs themselves(unlikely)
Quote by pavel
no there is nothing wrong with that part of it, i did online download speed tests and they are running at 1100+ kbps so its gotta be ports/router/ or the programs themselves(unlikely)

Installed any antivirus programs lately? Norton is a sure fire culprit of ****ing up your internet. (ironic program that)
no i dont have any antivirus installed, they are quite worthless in my opinion