hey guys...
i want to buy an esp-ltd guitar ...however in most of the guitars i like , pickups are 81 active set .... and since i like to play some clean songs, blues songs, malmsteen songs.. i'm wondering if it is worth it to change the guitar into another one with 81 (b) ..85 (n) or should i go with 81 active set coz its that different
definitly get an 81 and an 85. much better.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Quote by Liarsenic12
definitly get an 81 and an 85. much better.

I agree. I have that in my Explorer.
Clean? O Rly? I'd suggest not getting active pickups then; they're too agressive if you ask me. I can kick some passive ass on my Schecter any day, . But, as far as those pickups go, I don't know any specifics.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
if you want better cleans, you could always get a 60 in the neck.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
i love metal and i want to play thrash ...but also nice cleans...thats why i want to 81 and 85
also the 60 , 81 combination is not found in many guitars
The 81 and 85 don't actually have a true clean sound. So if you're after clean I'd stay away from them. The Seymour Duncan Jb/59 combo is always popular for both metal leads as well as great cleans.

If you want both high gain and nice cleans go for the 81 and 60 combo.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Last edited by teamzaius at Jan 19, 2007,