You've probably already thought about it but check ebay, there's always lots on there. I recognize you from the Ibanez Forums, my nick there is Singha.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
^ teamzaius, how much did it cost you to get the pickups installed into your sheraton? PM me
This is off topic, but lpdude, I know you love your SZ's. Ever tried one with EMG's? I want an EMG equipped guitar for my next one and figure I will probably buy the guitar and pickups seperately but I want to know what an SZ with EMG's would sound like.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Quote by lp_dude_2
yeah ive alreayd checked ebay and theres nothing but JEM and RG necks.

This is usually true because noone minds chopping up their RG to try and 'upgrade' it however, most of the S-series are quite nice to begin with.

You could maybe have one custom made. Or shop around pawn shops and stuff until you find one *guitar* for cheap. I know I've got one and I probably wouldn't want to part it out, despite how much I dislike Ibanez in general.. and its one of the old Wizard necks with 22 frets??
^Maybe you want to sell the whole guitar then?
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Well I don't think the guitar is actually an S series, its an Ibanez 540 Pro Power I think. Its got a wizard neck w/ 22 frets, though. Its kind of rare. If you want to make an offer on it that's fine but its a rather incomplete guitar and it would take quite a bit to get me to come off of it.
Quote by teamzaius
This is off topic, but lpdude, I know you love your SZ's. Ever tried one with EMG's? I want an EMG equipped guitar for my next one and figure I will probably buy the guitar and pickups seperately but I want to know what an SZ with EMG's would sound like.

yes i do love my SZ's, hoping to be getting a third one soon and yeah ive played a SZ720 with an EMG 81/60 set and it was some killer tone! Ibanez made a SZ that came stock with EMG's, a 81/85 set i believe, but they didnt release it in america, but they did in canada. and i so fuking want it! and to give you an idea of the SZ and EMG tone, Matt Bachand of Shadows Fall used a custom made SZ with EMG's for a long time.

Quote by xxgenocide98xx
You could maybe have one custom made. Or shop around pawn shops and stuff until you find one *guitar* for cheap. I know I've got one and I probably wouldn't want to part it out, despite how much I dislike Ibanez in general.. and its one of the old Wizard necks with 22 frets??

custom made costs too much. and ive been looking in pawn shops and everything, i did find one SA guitar for like $100, but the neck had a big crack in it.

does anyone know how much it would cost to buy a new one from ibanez?
cant buy new ones from ibanez unless you are replaceing a neck on a guitar under warranty/from a dealer
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !