I want to learn all about the theory side of piano, at the moment I can vaguely read sheetmusic, but I'd like to improve at it and also learn scales and all that, but I'm generally pretty short of money and all, so does anyone know of any good websites for that kind of thing?
Theory is pretty much universal. Read the theory lessons on this website.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
isn't it against the board rules to reply with "google it"

Anyway. I have tried googling it, but most websites are either online lessons that you have to pay for, which kind of defies the point of going online for the help, or it's all really basic stuff that I already know, which is kind of why I'm having a problem with it.
Theory applies to all insturments, so any lesson on here will work for the piano, except for scale shapes, but that should be obvious.

For sight-reading exercises, try just****inggoogleit
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Theory applies to all insturments, so any lesson on here will work for the piano, except for scale shapes, but that should be obvious.

For sight-reading exercises, try just****inggoogleit

What a charming person you are.

I'm in an arsey mood, and I'm bored, so I can't help but argue here. For a start, I said that I can already read some sheetmusic, and I should also point out that I play several instruments, so I'm terribly curious as to why you'd assume that I don't know the fact that music theory, in general, applies to all instruments. Second, lessons on here won't work for the piano, seeing as I had already said the help I have found so far by googling is of no use because I'm already past that level, therefore implying that I want more detailed help on theory and piano-playing stuff, and seeing as there are several differences between the way you play a piano, and the way you play a guitar, the theory only applies to both instruments to a certain extent, so it will only help up to a point, a point that I'm already at, so it's pretty useless. Finally, I find it rather offensive that you believe me to be stupid enough to come here searching for advice before looking on a search engine myself.

I am really not in a good mood today
Quote by DorianGray
What a charming person you are.

I'm in an arsey mood, and I'm bored, so I can't help but argue here. For a start, I said that I can already read some sheetmusic, and I should also point out that I play several instruments, so I'm terribly curious as to why you'd assume that I don't know the fact that music theory, in general, applies to all instruments. Second, lessons on here won't work for the piano, seeing as I had already said the help I have found so far by googling is of no use because I'm already past that level, therefore implying that I want more detailed help on theory and piano-playing stuff, and seeing as there are several differences between the way you play a piano, and the way you play a guitar, the theory only applies to both instruments to a certain extent, so it will only help up to a point, a point that I'm already at, so it's pretty useless. Finally, I find it rather offensive that you believe me to be stupid enough to come here searching for advice before looking on a search engine myself.

I am really not in a good mood today

And just for that post, I refuse to help you.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
teoria.com

tons of theory, ear training, and exercises. and it's free!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro